My little princess, Due 15th june Born 29th may

Arisa

Mummy to Summer Rose
Reaction score
So she is not premature per say but the doctors and midwives in hosptial all concluded that my little girl was pre term

Introducing
Summer Rose

I have pics of her on the photo section and a birth story but just thought this section is more appropriate as she WAS early and did have complications with fluid in her lungs, I could not hold her for two hours and I myself was wheeled off straight after I caight a glimpse of her being lifted out which was overwhelming and amazing although I was out of it from the spinal and anxious from the speed in which the emergency C-section took place. It was cold and sterile and unplanned so I could not bring a camera to video her being lifted out or any ipod for music which DH and me both wanted so that was hard, and hubby held her straight away.

She weighed a good 8lbs60z at birth but would not cry or feed and was in the special care unit for two nights but I finally got to spend the night with her once I had the two hour post natal C-section check, which included morphine and blood pressure checks and more horrid blood tests and inflatable stockings put on to stop any thrombosis, with summer in the special baby unit with her on my tummy and that was the first moment I bonded with her as a mother and it was the most intense and amazing moment of my life

the next three days were rough but nothing compared to the IV drips they put in my hand, the intern who did it could not find a vein so it hurt more than anything oh and the spinal hurt like hell too until it started to kick in then my BP dropped drastically.

The next three days I had to have injections once a day into my stomach to prevent DVT and that felt like a bee sting and was injected into where my uterus was contracting so yeah that hurt bad but not as bad as the IV or spinals, then came the back spasms that lasted about thirty seconds every few hours for the first two days thanks to the after effects of the epidural :nope: seriously I thought I was contracting lol

now almost three weeks on summer is out of hospital after spending another five days this week in there for not eating or gaining weight but yay she is up to her birth weight today :) and we are in a regular routine, she is perfect and I love her to bits, she is finally doing well and I am on the mend slowly, no more contractions or injections but still bad lochia infection which should pass with time

I honestly thought summer would be a late baby hmm guess my body had other plans xoxoxo

if anyone wants to chat about emcs and premature births due to pre eclampsia please PM me and I can answer some questions you may have

God Bless:kiss:

Summer in hosptial

https://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o163/kyuutsuki/Facebook/29052012%20Summer%20Gillard%20The%20Early%20pictures/S2010005.jpg

https://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o163/kyuutsuki/Facebook/29052012%20Summer%20Gillard%20The%20Early%20pictures/S2010001.jpg

Nice and snug at home
https://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o163/kyuutsuki/Facebook/29052012%20Summer%20Gillard%20The%20Early%20pictures/576809_10150931561486713_715679790_n.jpg

Congratulations on having your little girl, she's really cute.

Can I ask though, why do you have a corrected age ticker for her in your signature?

I have to agree, those tickers are a big deal for those who need to correct ages when they are out by months/weeks. A lot of mums here are pretty insulted by these tickers on the forum, when in reality baby was term, something we very much wish we got to.

Sorry I just had to explain how upsetting for it is for some members so you may find people will have reactions. Understandly you are here because your baby had special care, and you are welcome, but your ticker will upset others.

A common "what not to say to a preemie mum" is saying your baby is a preemie, but 37+2 is classed as term

oh wow really? sorry I had no idea at all, I will delete it

Don't worry about it, you weren't to know. It's a sensitive one ;)

Congratulations on your beautiful princess x

thanks, sorry again the midwives on the hosptial ward did tell me she was pre term so I assumed she was. She was also very sick and had trouble breathing and suckling as is common with premmie babies but its all changed now :hugs:

Of course if you have any questions about that you are in the right place, we've all been there so happy to help :) Is she feeding better now? xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->