My LONG birth story. The most amazing moment of my life, Blake.

itchycoo

Reaction score
Well the last few weeks I've posted several times about going to and from hospital with blood pressure fluctuating, protein in urine and blood tests showing abnormal liver function.

So Tuesday 30th I went for a midwife appointment, my blood pressure was brilliant but had protein in my urine... she said she would feel safer sending me to hospital as although blood pressure normal now it had been up the previous week.

I got to hospital around 3pm, they hooked me up, took some urine and took some bloods. My bloods came back normal, my blood pressure stayed around 120/80 for the 4 hours but still was showing 2 times protein in urine.

5.45pm a doctor came who said he was in 2 minds what to do and would discuss with another doctor and be back around an hours time. He came back 5 minutes later and said they both felt safer to induce as I was almost 39 weeks, why take the risk of blood pressure going up again. Me and OH were a little taken back as within 5 minutes I had a gown on and a pessary inserted. My cervix was very very high and closed. Doctor said 6 hours later another would be inserted. That night I was hooked up to a tracer for the baby who was completely fine but when 12am came they couldn't do another pessary as I was having regular contractions. I didn't sleep to well and at around 10am on Wednesday 31st they came to check me. My cervix was low and slightly open but not even 1cm so they gave me another pessary and would check me again at 2pm. 2pm came and nothing, I didn't see anybody until around 5pm when someone came in to apologise they were extremely busy. So I went for a walk round and round and round the hospital but was feeling nothing at all.
At 11pm Wednesday 30th I was checked again and still around half a cm dilated so had another pessary and I would be checked at 6am Thursday 1st September. Once again it was gone 9am and eventually someone came in quickly to check my blood pressure and trace baby but apologised for how busy they were, not to leave my room a doctor would be in to check at some point but could not say when.
I stayed in my room with OH and Mum, I hardly got off my birthing ball from around 9.30am till 12pm when a doctor arrived to check me. Yes I was 2cm dilated and she broke my water! I have never ever been so happy! So I was given 2 hours to see if my contractions started themselves, I was the stairs, used the ball etc etc but no I had 2 in 2 hours.
So I was given the drip, they struggled to get the cannula in my hands and wrists, my blood wasn't playing nice then squirting like a tap when they took it out, it knocked me ill and I vomited so it held things up a little. Eventually they got me hooked up around 3pm.
Now from 3pm till around 5 pm I remember the contractions and thinking 'these aren't to bad I'm coping so well' then suddenly bamm they started to hurt, so I asked for gas and air. I think I managed with that for around an hour and a half maybe but at around 6pm I asked for the diamorphene injection.
I have to admit my birth from here is a little blurry which I think was due to the gas and air. I do remember asking for an epidural and being told at 8pm someone would be in to do it. They came and did it and the epidural never worked, I was told it would be re done but they had to wait 20 minutes (I don't remember why)
Now all through this time my midwife was finishing shift at 8.30pm and back at 7am, she thought they baby would be coming by her shift in the morning if not on her shift. I don't really remember her leaving but apparently I told her I needed the toilet, she was leaving so brought the new midwife in who she would help take me to the toilet. I'm pleased she had the other midwife as she decided to check me before I got up. She said 'you don't need the toilet your going to have this baby very soon, I think in around an hour and a half (10.15pm) we'll be starting to push'
I must have bee slightly with it as OH said I replied 'if I have managed without my epidural I don't want it redone cancel it'. I was in pain, a lot of pain, my drip was up to 48ml every 10 minutes... I think the maximum is 60ml in 10 minutes although I am not sure. Either way they were coming so strong and fast I was squirming all over the bed the midwife and Mum and OH were pulling my back on the bed as baby didn't like when I moved down the bed, I just have vague memories of them grabbing me and telling me I had to move position.
The doctor who broke my waters popped in at around 9.55pm to see how I was coping. He had a little look down there and said 'I think we're ready to push' I instantly started to push to which he said 'no not right now stop let us explain things' I didn't want to I just need to push and kept saying 'I know I will I can let me start!!'
Exactly 5 pushes later and I was handed the most amazing thing in my life. My little boy was born at exactly 10pm on Thursday 1st September. I can't describe how I felt.
Blake was placed on my chest and I instantly put him to the breast to which he latched on perfectly and started up at me. It was amazing. I was bleeding down below, I didn't know this, I didn't care. It wasn't a huge amount but 2 midwifes checked and said I needed stitches so to get on the gas and air.. I didn't even use the gas and air the joy from my son made me not even notice them give me 15 stitches. I honestly didn't feel them down there and I honestly have forgotten every moment of my labour and my pain. All I remember now is my amazing quick delivery and holding this beautiful little baby in my arms, so awake so alert. He weighed 8 pounds and 5 ounces and 53 cm in length.
I was discharged the next day as he was completely fine, feeding well, passed all his tests. We are home and settling in now watching x factor while he gets some MORE sleep. He is so lazy him and Daddy sleep so much :)
Here is a few pictures of this gorgeous bundle of joy as a thank you for sharing my pregnancy with me, helping me through things, giving me advice and listening to the moans.
I hope my lovely ending to my birth story helps anyone about to meet their bundle of joy.
:flower:

Attachments

• IMGP3812.jpg
    IMGP3812.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 63
  • IMGP3832.jpg
    IMGP3832.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 60
  • IMGP3838.jpg
    IMGP3838.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 61
  • IMGP3825.jpg
    IMGP3825.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 49
Congratulations and what a turn out for the hospital to induce you there and then!! Shame it lasted so long to get things going, but 5pushes..!!! Well done to you :flower:

What a little beaut- congrats to you and your OH!

Congratulations he is adorable xx

He is gorgeous.. Congratulations xx

Congratulations. He's perfect x

Wow he is a little stunner!!!! congratulations!

Massive Congratulations!!! He is so adorable :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->