My midwife is a ..... (vent)

momofone08

Mommy of 3!
Reaction score
Hi ladies,
I figured you all would understand my aggravation since this is the natural birth thread. My DD was a breech c-section delivery. After her, my Dr said he sees no reason for me not to have a future VBAC. Well as a midwife I thought they were pro natural birth. ( I have a new office than with my DD because I have different insurance.) Well the hospital that she delivers at REFUSES to allow me to even think about a VBAC. She says she doesn't like the idea of anything that could possibly go wrong. GRR Something can happen at ANY delivery. :wacko: Also when I mentioned I wanted a natural delivery she laughed and saif " you know where the baby comes out right?" It's MY baby MY birth and MY decision! Well I went for my first appointment at 7+1 and she didn't do any of my blood work nothing! I have had SEVERAL chemicals and a m/c and why did they not do the regular blood work? With my DD they did the whole prenatal work up for blood type diseases etc...

I called a new doc today and they were OUTRAGED my what she said and how she acted and that she never did my prenatal work up. The new doc is pro VBAC and the hospital that she delivers at even offers birthing balls and jacuzzis. :) I have to drive over an hour to get there though, but I guess it's worth it.

I guess I just needed to state my feelings about the midwives absolute disrespect of my natural delivery wishes!!! Sorry about the vent ladies! Wishing you all the best!

I'm glad you've found a supportive hospital hun!

It'll be worth the travelling to get what you want. We have a VBAC support thread in labour & birth come on over

X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->