my mother is driving me crazy!

Kalia101

Reaction score
As the title says my mom is the loveliest woman but my god does she do my head in at times baby names me and my OH love unusual names I love Phoenix for a girl and then I know this isn't unusual but we quite like sienna my mom's like no Phoenix Fitzgerald is a mouthful no what about Rosie or daisy or Lilly any one who knows me n my oh those are names I would never use for a boy she's like Freddie u should call it Freddie Iv said if she carrys on she wont be told none of the name choices! My oh does wind her up n say he likes the name Hannibal but she believes him!

She's driving me mental constantly saying I dread to think what you will call my grandchild.

Sorry people just needed to rant! :) xxx

just dont tell her lol

I never tell anyone... its bad luck, im not massively superstitious but always thought that a bit at the back of my head and also didnt want opinions so didnt tell anyone (no matter how much they asked) but when pregnant with my son I told a stranger at the bus stop (figured I didnt know her so it wouldnt matter) and the next day fell violently ill and went into early labor with both me and my son nearly dying, people can say its mad all they want but ill never tell anyone again its clearly bad luck like I thought

:hugs:

Phoenix is a nice name but unfortunately it really is difficult to say along with Fitzgerald :( What about Phoebe? Sienna is really nice too

Phoenix Fitzgerald doesn't sound right to me somehow. Sienna Fitzgerald sounds nice though. I haven't told my mum or MIL any of our baby name ideas for exactly that reason. They're both too opinionated and I'm too much of a pushover to ignore their comments so I just don't tell them. :)

Yeah I get where people are coming from with Phoenix but atm it's the only name I love Iv said same ohs mom is also opinionated but knows if she goes on at us oh just won't tell her names any more I think I may have to take same route with my mom! Lol xx

is it the sound you like or the connotations etc..?

similar sounding names could be fiona?

or sticking with animal theme there is Fennec?

or fawn could be nice?

for a boy there is Felix?

My mom drove me nuts when I was preggo too - mostly bc she would say negative things about names I really liked. This would infuriate me! Plus she would suggest *her fave* names which I found awful and would never use!! Like Sailor! She was on a kick that I should name my baby boy Sailor!! :dohh:

In the end, I named him a name I loved and that I had on my list of options but luckily it was one she also "approved" of - lol. Realistically, I really wanted her to love my son's name (and to approve of it!). So i'm relieved it worked out.

I do think it's ok to discuss baby names with people - picking a name is such a huge responsibility - so I think getting feedback (like from BnB) is very helpful!

Your mum sounds like my mum! When I called my mum to tell her my waters had broken and I was going to hospital she said "don't name the baby Sienna! How about Kimberly, Catherine, tiffany etc ect" when the baby was born she was nameless for a couple of days while we tried out different names on her but the only one that suited her was sienna. Now my mum likes it. It's not nice when people don't like your names but once the baby is here it will grow on them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->