my nappy bin stinks :(

dougie

Fluff addict!
Reaction score
my mum keeps complaining that the bin stinks! this morning you can smell it all around the downstairs of the house :(
it lives inthe utility (at the furthest part of the house) with the door closed with the window open (its with the cat litter tray you see)
i tried essential oils on the mesh bag and that didnt work
tried essential oils on a sanitary pad and that was less successful

i wash every 2 days so its not like they are left there for AGES

oh and it is lidded, i always make sure the lid is on properly

any ideas ladies?

don't know really - leo has only just started weaning. my friend has no problem.

sorry i can't help x

mines fine i dont even have a lid on it, is it a poo or a wee smell ? caus if its a wee smell then maybe your LO needs a bit more fluids or is teething if its a poo smell you need to think about diet

This may be a silly question but are you washing the bucket out properly when you put the nappies in to wash? If not, give it a good scrub with some cleaning stuff, but make sure to rinse it out properly - you don't want to get any nasty bleachy stuff on your nappies! If you are cleaning the bucket properly, have you stripped your nappies recently? Detergent build up can make them really smell bad. Teething can also make wee more smelly but it still shouldn't be as bad as you said.

he is teething maybe that is it then
yeah i give it a wash once a week but have just left it with some boiling water and bleach and given it a goooood rinse!

and im part way through a strip wash to rule that out

hopefully that will help

thanks ladies

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back