my neighbour is making my life hell, and i dont know what to do

veganmama

Reaction score
omg i am so pissed off. ever since i moved into the flat, shes been reporting me for fake things (mostly banging on the wall) she's put sticky notes on my door saying things like "move out", "just called child protection service", she called my husband an idiot, she splashed nail polish remover on my door twice, and one time put a receipt soaked in nail polish remover in my laundry basket in the laundry room when i left, and now SHES banging on our wall EVERY SINGLE DAY at ridiculous times like 12am, 3am etc. and when shes vacuuming in the day time she bangs her vacuum against the wall too. she's called the police on me for "giving her death threats"

seriously WTTTTTF!!! is this legal? ive reported everything she did to the landlord but they just say well she said she didnt do it and because we have back and forth complaints they dont know who to believe. i even have like 5 videos of her banging, but they dont care!!!

i dont want to move, i LOOOVE my flat shes the only problem that i have. but i dont know what to do at this point?

That sounds awful! Have you reported her to the police? I would be suprised if this is the first time she's been this way so perhaps if you make a fuss and keep reporting her to the polcie they will do something, and you can let your landlord know that the police are looking into it and he might be more cooperative with you. I really hope it gets sorted because that must be such a stressfull way to live.

I would just move.

Count yourself lucky you are only renting. We owned a flat and had bad neighbours downstairs and no matter how much we tried they just didn't care. It got to the point where I resented going home everyday because I knew it would kick off. Honestly its just not worth the hassle, even if you love the flat its no good if you are at war with a neighbour.

We now live in a detached house and I will never take it for granted!!!

CAn you set up a web cam? OR a dash cam to film your front door etc. To catch her in the act.

I know you could just move, but she is clearly unhinged and will keep doing this to others. She sounds like she deserves an asbo.

I would also speak to shelter as I think her landlord has a responsibility to make sure he doesnt have a nutter for a tennant, or something like that

She needs to move! Not fair for you to have to give up your house that you love!

I would definitely talk to your landlord. She has no right to do things like that

She sounds totally crazy! How awful your havivg to deal with this-it's harassment without doubt.
I would document all she has done with a diary and photos and get police and legal help honey.

We had neighbors like that when we were renting during college. It was AWFUL, and we never got anywhere with the police or the landlords. It was always their word against ours. So we ended up having to move, because it was just too stressful and making us miserable. This lady would do the same, with all hours of the night banging on the floors (they were directly above us), yelling through the floorboards, throwing things from her balcony onto our property, etc. I hated it. I loved the apartment, but it just wasn't worth the stress. So we moved, and were much happier for it. Sorry, I'd hate for you to have to do the same, but having been in that position, no one was able to make the lady stop acting so crazy. And moving ended up being a good thing for us.

I would get a cam and put it in top corner of front door then catch the bitch.

It depends just how much you love the flat tbh, whether to get dug into cameras and everything or easier to move.

I'd forget the landlord at this point and go to the police. While the police don't get involved in noise issues (assuming you're in UK) this woman is going beyond that. It's harassment and intimidation, that's a matter for the police. I would also keep a diary of everything, photograph and keep the sticky notes etc, email your landlord every time and save the emails - then if you end up moving and cutting short a lease you can say you reported constant problems that he ignored.

ya i was thinking of a spy hole cam, i have anxiety now as every time i hear someone shut the door in the hallway i have to run and check its not her putting shiit on my door.

called police on her, was my word against hers. the thing is also is she has this friend that is on her side and provides "witness" for her. and her friend also said my husband was knocking on her door with a knife and then following her around with a knife like wtf

shes declined a meeting that my landlord wanted to have me, her and the landlord to just discuss whats going on. and she also declined a service that my landlord suggested which involves a mediation service that helps neighbours with conflict.

my landlord said she will be following up with both of us in writing by mail. im so scared its going to say something like were both evicted, or we have to go to court to fight it out. like i cant believe i have to go through all this bull without having done anything!!!!!

I would probably move, no flat is nice enough to put up with fear and harassment. It sounds like it's going to be extremely difficult if not impossible to get her to stop.

Why should u run away. If there is noise in the night with banging etc she could actually be done for breach of the peace. Try recording the noise. I would still think about a camera

ya i was thinking of a spy hole cam, i have anxiety now as every time i hear someone shut the door in the hallway i have to run and check its not her putting shiit on my door.

called police on her, was my word against hers. the thing is also is she has this friend that is on her side and provides "witness" for her. and her friend also said my husband was knocking on her door with a knife and then following her around with a knife like wtf

shes declined a meeting that my landlord wanted to have me, her and the landlord to just discuss whats going on. and she also declined a service that my landlord suggested which involves a mediation service that helps neighbours with conflict.

my landlord said she will be following up with both of us in writing by mail. im so scared its going to say something like were both evicted, or we have to go to court to fight it out. like i cant believe i have to go through all this bull without having done anything!!!!!

Her refusing says it all

I think I'd just move, honestly. it totally sucks because you've done nothing wrong, but its just not worth the stress this lady is going to keep giving you. She's not going to stop. Especially now that the police have been called, and landlord talked to, I actually think that will make her more annoying as she has now seen they are not going to do anything since its your word against hers.

Sounds very much like what we went through with the neighbor I mentioned earlier. It was an absolute nightmare. I was never so happy as when we moved out of that place and into a new one.

Aside from keeping a diary and video recordings, I would also write her a letter telling her you are taking action against her and will not tolerate her harassment any longer. Is there any other neighbours you could speak to? They might have experienced the same or know the history of your neighbour I.e if she has mental health problems.

Just moving is not as easy as it sounds! OP I really feel for you I hope you manage to get it sorted she sounds evil :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->