My OH watched Business of Being Born!

aliss

Reaction score
Wow!

I was watching the first 15 minutes, he was on his computer game, kinda peered over... and came and sat, and watched the whole thing with me!!!! :haha:

He loved it! And realized why I said I didn't bond with our son after a traumatic hospital birth... once he heard actual doctors say that it's common.

Ahhh I love that film! I know I've seen it over 10 times now LOL anytime I want someone else to see it I'm happy to sit and watch it with them :D

My only wish for that film is that they put more emphasis on what that one lady says "Once they had the IV in my arm it was very easy for them to do whatever they wanted."

SO TRUE!!!

It was painful to watch, I wanted to beat down those nurses that had 90% of their ward on pitocin... talking about it like it was nothing and no big deal, ugh.

That part IS depressing!!

I always bawl my eyes out towards the end though when the guy starts talking about Love <3 It explains SO much of the way humanity is today...

Wow!

I was watching the first 15 minutes, he was on his computer game, kinda peered over... and came and sat, and watched the whole thing with me!!!! :haha:

He loved it! And realized why I said I didn't bond with our son after a traumatic hospital birth... once he heard actual doctors say that it's common.

:thumbup: to your husband! :D Sorry about your birth experience, hope this one is much more positive. :flower:

My husband saw it too and he agrees with it :thumbup:

It seems quite common for men to have this 'woman get over yourself' attitude without actually saying it you feel this is what they think, all that matters is that the baby is here. Mine reacted similar when I showed him a letter a woman violated during birth wrote.

It seems quite common for men to have this 'woman get over yourself' attitude without actually saying it you feel this is what they think, all that matters is that the baby is here. Mine reacted similar when I showed him a letter a woman violated during birth wrote.

Totally agree with you and it's a shame that other women feel the same too. Oh well, the baby is fine, so screw your mental health/perception of how labour affects you. It's weird how medicine can acknowledge mental wellbeing as critical to health but completely ignores that aspect in terms of labour. As if the day you give birth is not often the most pivotal moment of a woman's life?

For the first 5 months of my pregnancy, my husband thought I was crazy for obsessively researching care providers, trying to find a mid-wife, a doula, wanting a home birth. He saw that movie and is literally a changed man. I felt so unsupported and sad for the first 20 weeks. At my 6 week ob visit, my ob said, "You should get an epidural- you are crazy for not wanting one, would you have a root canal without anesthetic" and also "you'll be tired after 12 hours and will want a c-section" and "I like episiotomies because they prevent blow out explosions." My husband said that we should listen to her because she's the doctor. Finally, watched that movie together and he sees it in a different way. I have a midwife, a doula and we are having a water birth. Yay!

That's wonderful hon :hugs: With us we watched bits of it when I was pregnant with my first. Neither of us believed it and though it was exaggerated.

Until we had the birth described in the documentary :cry:

When I got pregnant again we bought the DVD and watched it all the way through. It was shocking and appalling. It was also completely true from our experience.

This time I am having a midwife NHS vbac and aiming for it to be 100% natural. I have hired a doula and know my stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->