My pcos story and hopefully a bfp

MissyX90

Pregnant with number 2
Reaction score
I'm 24 years old and I have a beautiful 3 year old son we decided that we wanted 2 kids close together so I didn't go on birth control when he was born for the year after his birth I wasn't worried about the fact I didn't fall pregnant I was enjoying my new baby and breast feeding which meant my periods didn't return for almost a year. When he turned 1 we started tracking my cycles and having sex around my fertile times I noticed by the time he was 2 my periods had gone from 30 day cycles to 24 days and I only bled for 4 days of spotting still I'm young I didn't worry it will happen right then his 3rd birthday arrived in March my mum said I really should go to the doctor especially as I started getting a lot of pain during my monthlys and for the first time I'm my life my face exploded with spots I still put it off then suddenly I started lactating from my left boob and my husband made me go to the gyne. The gyne looked me over listened to my problems and said she thinks I have pcos. I have to admit my heart actually stopped right there and then. I had to go have blood tests and an internal scan on the 4th day of my period which happened to me my birthday .. I went as I didn't want to wait until the following month I wasn't worried about the internal scan as I've had them before during early pregnancy.

The woman doing my scan took ages and was really mean shouting empty ur bladder there put this gown on in there .then said phone your doctor on Monday I kept saying can't you tell me anything obviously something was wrong as she wouldn't tell me just kept saying enjoy ur birthday. I looked at the screen and saw what looked like Swiss cheese only way I can discribe the black circles all over it.

I left the hospital got in the car and I broke down all the questions going threw my head like will I have another kid and what if this is it for me . Happy birthday right

The gyne phoned me and told me I had 18 cysts 10 on one side and 8 on the other and my blood tests confirmed high prolactin lvls and pcos I was put onto parlodel and metaformin.

We decided to stop trying for a few months and let the drugs do their thing

But 2 days ago I took one of my pregnancy tests just messing around and got a faint positive I've took one each day since and each has a faint positive my period isn't due until the 9th and I'm scared to get excited after finding out I had pcos I gave up blocked everything out and got on with my life but maybe this is it.

Never give up x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->