My positive HB...

SeaShells

Pregnant :)
Reaction score
On 12/2/12 i had my beautifull baby girl...

At about 2 AM i was awake as usual (damn insomnia) so i came downstairs to see if i could doze on sofa, tried for few minutes but felt restless so although i didnt really need to i thought i d pop to loo for a wee, as i got to top of stairs i felt a trickle running down my leg, Hmmmm i thought, wots going on with my bladder now,im not even bursting for loo. I had a wee and i as i stood up i felt a trickle again, i wonder i thought...I went back downstairs and kept feeling very wet so up to loo i went again and my underwear was very wet, now i started to really think 'this could be it' i went in bedroom to wake DH, babe i think my waters are breaking...his sleepy reply was OK babe come n lay down...ERRR no DH im leaking!!!!:haha: We both came downstairs and made a cup of tea, still leaking. I got a little bit scared now believing things were starting but DH calmed me down and reasured that everything will be OK and we re finally going to meet our baby. I had a few gushes as i was wandering around downstairs with DH following behind me with mop :haha: I had now started getting mild contractions so just after 3AM DH called labour suite and they said community MW will call us back soon,within 20 mins there was MW at door, she said as it was my 5th she didnt want to waste time with phone calls. Mw examined me at 4AM and i was 4cm,she gave me a sweep to help things along...by now pain was getting 'painful' but i wanted to go as long as possible without gas n air, good job i felt like that because MW couldnt get it too work :haha: Second MW arrived at 5AM and sorted the gas n air so i started using it then...AHHHHH i love that stuff :happydance: I was examined at 5.25AM and only 5cm, i got bit upset moaning that i wanted to be further along than that...lol
At 6.50AM i was fully dilated n had the urge to push...i was pushing but nothing seemed to be happening,another examination showed that lip of cervix hadnt moved so was stopping baby moving down and that i had full bowels...so next contraction/push MW moved the lip and baby was able to drop down.At 7.18AM and After 28 mins of pushing Lexi joined the world :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance: She weighed 8lb 1oz.
I had syntometrine injection and 2 mins after baby arriving the placenta was delivered. I had a small laceration that didnt need any stitches. BY 8.30 AM hubby was helping MWs load their cars and it was all over :thumbup:
I forgot to add that my 14 yr old DD and nrly 12 yr old DS was downstairs with the whole time, DS loves telling people how silly i sounded on the gas n air lol.

My homebirth was just how i wanted it and i wouldnt change a thing!!!! The MWs were fantastic!!!!
Its just over a week ago now and Lexi is a great baby and doing well. I am doing well too, i was very uncomfortable in the bottom area :blush: but thats easing now, it gets very uncomfortable if i do alot of walking but apart from that i feel great.
Sorry for the long post...if anyone has any Qs i ll gladly answer them if i can.
Thanks for reading..
xxxx

My gorgeous Princess...

Attachments

• DSC00900.jpg
    DSC00900.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 4
Congratulations, lovely story!
And what a beauty!! Well done :flower:

Congratulations she's gorgeous :) thank you for sharing your story :)

Thanks for sharing - she is a cutie!
And how nice you had supportive (and proactive) midwives!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->