My Saint Patricks Day Baby, we needed all the luck we could get! (Pics included)

Missy.

Mum to 2 boys, a girl & an angel <3
Reaction score
Well thought I had better announce the birth of my daughter as she's nearly 2 weeks old now. My little girl was born on the 17/03/2010 (St Patricks Day) weighing 6lb 13; we've named her Lexie May. I had quite a traumatic birth so I'd advise you not to read on if you&#8217;re scared about giving birth. So this is how my beautiful daughter entered the world:

I'd had a pretty straight forward pregnancy, everything was normal and I was always healthy pre-pregnancy. All was going perfectly well until my 36 week midwife appointment, my midwife pointed out that my blood pressure was slightly higher than it should be. From then on I had to have my blood pressure checked regular and I had to go into hospital every other day for test's to make sure I wasn't developing pre-ecampsia. My blood pressure steadily increased and I had other symptoms of the condition and it was being discussed that at 39 weeks I may be induced. At 38 weeks and 6 days my blood pressure got to its highest and I had to go into hospital for testing. Whilst on a ward with 4 other ladies I was sat on a hospital bed chatting away to my OH when I suddenly felt a gush between my legs and my jeans became really wet, I stood up and felt my waters leaking down my leg making a puddle on the floor. I told my OH that my waters had just broke and he buzzed for the nurse to come, this all happened at about quarter to 9pm. The nurse came and took me to a private room to check my cervix, my cervix was only slightly open and I'd only lost my forewaters. Usually I would have just been sent home but because of my blood pressure being high I was told I had to stay in over night for it to be monitored.

I was taken to a ward where I would stay overnight and said goodbye to OH, this was at about half 11pm.After tossing and turning for an hour and a half my contractions started at 1am they were painful but I could cope with them. I tossed and turned all night until 7am when my contractions were really strong and regular and I knew things were progressing so I buzzed for the midwife, she checked my cervix again and I was 3cm dilated. I was taken onto the labour ward and put in my own room and my OH and mum came, this was at about 9am. I was told if my blood pressure was to get too high I would have to be put on the high dependency ward, so I had to have it checked regular. My blood pressure was still too high so they decided to test my urine to see if there was any protein in it, only I couldn't produce a sample. I felt very thirsty and was drinking huge amounts of water but still couldn't produce any urine; my kidneys just weren&#8217;t functioning properly. I was then moved onto the high dependency ward, put on a drip and a CTG monitor to keep track of baby&#8217;s heart rate. They then had to put in a catheter to drain the urine from me as I couldn't produce any myself and gave me medication to lower my blood pressure was it was getting really high.

After what seemed like a life time I got to the pushing stage and could feel the urge to push. After pushing for half an hour babies heart rate started to dip each time I pushed, luckily I was only a couple of pushes away from delivering her and she was born safely but with the cord wrapped around her neck. Fortunately it was only wrapped around her neck loosely and she was ok, she was then placed on my chest for skin to skin and it was the most amazing feeling in the world, my beautiful little girl was born at 4:50pm on St Patricks Day, the luckiest day of the year. We feel very lucky and very blessed that she was brought into this world safe and healthy as it could have been very different. Apart from being a bit sore from stitches (I had a second degree tear) both me and Lexie are recovering well, being a mummy is the best thing in the world :cloud9:

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v227/xsilvertearzx/IMG00127-20100320-0012.jpg

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v227/xsilvertearzx/DSC01204.jpg

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v227/xsilvertearzx/IMG00152-20100326-1000.jpg

Congratulations! Lexie is beautiful and i love the name! Well done you for getting through that, its not easy to forget a bad birth but they are so so worth it! Huge congrats again!xx

Awww hun!! I was so excited when id seen you'd posted in my journal,
Lexie is absolutely beautiful :happydance:
Are you guna stick around and make a parenting journal i can stalk :haha:
Congratulations xxxxx

congratulations shes gorgeous! and sorry to hear u had a bad time but definatly worth it :) well done you xxxx

Awww hun!! I was so excited when id seen you'd posted in my journal,
Lexie is absolutely beautiful :happydance:
Are you guna stick around and make a parenting journal i can stalk :haha:
Congratulations xxxxx

Yep I'll be making a parenting journal hun :) x

Congratulations! Lexie is beautiful and i love the name! Well done you for getting through that, its not easy to forget a bad birth but they are so so worth it! Huge congrats again!xx

Oh yeh she's 100% worth it, I'd do it all over again for her :cloud9: x

congratulations on the birth of your beautiful baby girl!!

Congratulations Missy, Lexie May is absolutley gorgeous. :hugs:

Congratulations, Lexie is gorgeous and I love her name :flower: Sorry to hear that you had a tough time but it sounds like you coped really well.
Congrats again xxxx

Congratulations! Lexie is beautiful (and what a lovely name!). I'm sorry you had a stressful birth, but I bet it was all worth in in the end! :) xx

Thanks for all the replies ladies, she is most certainly worth it, love her to bits :cloud9: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->