my son crys when i drop him to school

hazzabeanie

mum of 2
Reaction score
he usually loves school, hes just gone into reception he fell over in the playground yesterday and I left him really crying :( then he fell again at pe so they called me to collect and we went a&e he has a sprained arm/elbow anyway they said he was fine to go back to school today. he was really upset again today and worried about hanging his bag up etc as they have to do it on there own so I left him again today upset I sit at work getting myself all worked up worrying about him, counting down to the weekend :( xx

Aw bless :hugs: maybe ending up in A&E has spooked him now and he might have it in his head this will happen every time he goes? I know if Charlie has a bad experience anywhere he doesn't want to go back. He hurt himself quite badly once in a certain park and never wanted to go back there again but we did go back, and I explained that what happened before wasn't going to happen every time.

Hopefully he will feel better in a few days when he forgets about what happened. Good luck!

he usually loves school, hes just gone into reception he fell over in the playground yesterday and I left him really crying :( then he fell again at pe so they called me to collect and we went a&e he has a sprained arm/elbow anyway they said he was fine to go back to school today. he was really upset again today and worried about hanging his bag up etc as they have to do it on there own so I left him again today upset I sit at work getting myself all worked up worrying about him, counting down to the weekend :( xx

Oh no, poor him and poor you :-( I had a similar situation yesterday, although we didn't end up at hospital. My daughter fell over while we were waiting for the doors to open and grazed her knee. She was hysterical. her teacher whisked her away from me. It was the best thing to do but Emma was really sad about not saying goodbye to me :-(

She also went through a phase of not wanting me to leave when I dropped her at nursery. The teacher did the same - whisked her away from me. It really is the best thing. If you have trouble next week make sure there is someone there who can take control and lead him into the classroom after a lovely big smile and kiss to mummy.

It is hard :hugs: good luck! It will get easier!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->