My story....

natp18

Reaction score
I have recently just had some more fertility tests after loosing my beautiful angel 3 months ago. I wanted to TTC straight away not to replace my angels but for so long I have wanted a baby with me.

I have just been told that I have low progestion and high testosterome,which is stopping me from ovulating. On top of that my bloods and my scan as shown I now have PCOS..... so deverstated. The Doctors wont treat me or help in anyway as I am overweight, and they dont think that overweight people should have children.....Over the last month I have been dieting and managed to loose 18 lb of the 28 lb the Doc asked me to loose. My GP sent the fertility consultant a letter asking if he would reconsider,the consultant replied by saying I now have to loose a extra 7 lb on top of the 28 lb gutted!!!
All I can do is diet but until my weight comes off my fertility journey as stopped!!!!

I have further issues I have to deal with when I do get pregnant. My daughter died from a very rare genetic syndrome. This syndrome is a genetic so we have been given a 1 in 2 chance now of our next baby dying from this syndrome. This syndrome is not detectable by amnio and only becomes apparent by MR scan at 20 weeks plus.Babys with this syndrome die in the womb in the 3rd trimester.

I am 26 yrs old and over the last 3 years I have had nothing but heart ache. I jus want things to get better.....

Hope that all this makes sense and I am sure that alot of you knew my story as I post on the still birth-neonatal death and sids loss forum,who have been my rock. Love to all and I hope to see you all with you BFP soon xxx

:hugs:

Good luck losing the last of your weight. I really hope you get the good news you deserve very soon x x

Its rubbish how they treat overweight people. I had a scan a the year before last that showed pcos and possible blocked tubes. I was told i needed to lose weight to have a la and dye. I started to but she said she would do it. My lap showed pcos and that both my tubes where blocked. I was then told for IVF that i needed to lose more weight. So on top of the unhappiness of being infertile i had to deal with not being to fat as well. I didnt manage to lose weight and with 2 blocked tubes i even managed to conceive. But it was a hard time to deal with. It sounds like you are doing well with losing weight and hopefully this will help the pcos.

Must be that postcode lottery again, im overweight and havent been denied any treatment whatsoever, I think its terrible if thats the only reason xxxx

Love to you Nat - IIRC it was you that started the campaign for this board and PAL, so thank you :flower:

Hi Natp,

So sorry you've had such a hard time.

I have PCOS too so leads me to wonder - have they at least started to treat this? The insulin resistance experienced by PCOS girls makes it very hard to lose weight and extremely easy to put it on - they treat the insulin resistance with metformin which in turn assists in re-aligning your hormones including the male ones. PCOS ladies often suffer high LH hormones, low progesterone as well as increased male hormones amongst many others which both impact the ability to get pregnant as well as increasing the risk of mc to 45% on your first pregnancy, undoubtably increasing following each mc.
At least if you start addressing this while you are getting the weight off your hormones have a chance to start getting to the right balance - the weight loss will help this too.

A fab site is soulcysters which is dedicated to ladies with PCOS and has a message board with plenty of PCOS ladies who have experienced it all.

Have started a PCOS thread so maybe there'll be some others on here with other advice that could help.

Good luck with the weight loss!

hx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"