My Successful VBAC Story!!! (Very Long) Sorry!!

applelova911

Family of 6 soon to be 7
Reaction score
First I'd like to say to all of the women who are thinking of having a VBAC, if you're doctor recommends it then I'd go for it, the recovery is so much easier and faster.

My last day of work was on June 11 (my first actual duedate) I had also been given the 4th & the 9th. My MIL came to the house to spend the weekend (she had taken the weekend off) just in case I was to give birth over the weekend.

Saturday, June 12th - MIL woke OH, My DD & I up early so that we could all go to a festival that they were having locally. It was about 90 degrees that day. We walked and walked and walked all day. (She was determined to get me to give birth as it was her only weekend off). When we got home she cooked, cleaned etc and allowed me to relax. She's the best!!!

Sunday, June 13th - We all woke up early and went to church. After church I told my MIL that I wasn't feeling myself. We were scheduled to go to a BBQ at a friends house but I knew I shouldn't go too far away from home and the hospital. So after church my MIL took us out to breakfast, I was craving a light and sweet coffee as I hadn't drank coffee though my whole pregnancy. I had a medium sized coffee. For dinner my MIL cooked an amazing meal. In the evening OH was watching a basketball game and I was watching tv with my MIL & DD. At around 8:30 in the evening, I felt some water. It wasn't a gush of water but it was enough to make me wonder whether it was my water breaking or if I had pee'd myself as towards the end it was hard to control my bowels. :blush: I was getting so nervous as my DD was induced and then an emergency C-section so I didn't know what to expect. I started to cry (what a sap I am) OH calmed me down and told me not to worry as this was all normal. He then told me to wait until his game was over before we'd go to the Hospital. :grr: I didn't have any pains whatsoever. I called the Labor and Delivery dept and asked what my next step should be. They told me to come in since it was pretty slow and to make sure that in fact it was my water that had broken. We arrived at the hospital around 12:30 the morning of the 14th. They checked me, monitored me and made sure with a test strip that in fact it was my waters that had broken. I was transferred to the Deliver ward to wait for the arrival of my little guy. I was 4 cm and didn't have any contractions. ( I was having them but didnt feel them) At around 2am the nurse came in and said they were going to give me an enema and that I would have to sit on the toilet for 45mins. :dohh: I was fine for about the first 10 mins. Then the contractions started up so strong. I went back to the bed at 3am, the dr checked me but I was only 7cm and I wasn't completely effaced. They broke the rest of my water as it was buldging and hadn't broken completely. By this point I was in extreme pain and I asked the nurse to contact the anesthesiologist to give me some pain meds (epidural was my preference) The anethesiologist arrived and started to give me all the possible outcomes that might occur etc, by this point I could care less I just wanted to sign by the "X". Well they started asking medical questions and I told them that I had scoliosis (curviture of the spine) so this way they knew that it may be a little more difficult for someone with my situation. They then told me that it was too late and they didn't want to give me an epidural because by the time the insert the catheter in my spine it would be time for me to push anyway and they were afraid that I might move. At this point the contractions became unbearable to the point where the only thing I could do is rock to try and ease the pain. I was so upset at one point that I told them to just give me the paper to sign for another c-section because I couldn't take the pain any longer. My nurse was the best. She was young and spoke to me so stern. She said Jessica, I told you that you were going to have this baby while I was still here. I am not going to let you give in to a csection when you're almost there. So stop complaining and lets have this baby. I then started to have the urge to push. They told me to stop but I couldn't. So they called all the doctors and nurses and stated that I was ready. The converted the bed and I was on my way to deliver my baby boy. I pushed for what felt like forever and finally at 5:52am he was brought into the world weighing 8lbs 3oz and measuring 20.5 inches. I had a slight tear that only required one stitch but I didn't feel a thing. They immediately put him on my chest, holding him was the best feeling in the world. :hugs::hugs: All the pain and frustration just went out the door. When I had my DD they just showed her to me since I had had a csection and they took her to the nursery while I went to recovery.

My VBAC was an amazing experience and although OH does not want anymore children, (Together having 4) I would do it all over again in the blink of an eye. I am truly on :cloud9::cloud9: with my beautiful family. This also being a pregnancy right after a m/c without having an AF in between which makes him all so much more special. OH jokes and says that he didn't want to look like me so he wanted to go back and try again. Where do they come up with this stuff!! :shrug::shrug:

Attachments

• Joshua 3.jpg
    Joshua 3.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 16
aww he is beautiful hun, congratulations xx

Aww, just look at that smile, he is so cute. Congrats on your vbac, you did it!!!

congratulations on your beautiful little man and well done on the VBAC! Very inspirational as I'm hoping for a VBAC too xx

congratulations on your beautiful little man and well done on the VBAC! Very inspirational as I'm hoping for a VBAC too xx

Thank you and Good Luck AC81, It's definitely worth it if you can experience it. It's very different.

Well done on your vbac, it was a brilliant birth story!
Your baby boy is such a gorgeous thing - such a cute little smile!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->