My surviving twin birth story

Aleenya

Reaction score
Hi all! I'm new to these forums and I wanted to share my pregnancy and birth story since I find it so amazing. I hope I'm posting in the correct section. This is a little long.

Fifteen years ago I tested positive for pregnancy when I was 21 and I was scared and a little unsure if I was ready. I went to my OBGYN appointment at 6 weeks and all was well. At 10 weeks I started bleeding quite badly and went to the ER. I passed a very large golf ball sized clot. Sorry if (TMI). The ER doc told me I miscarried, told me he was sorry and sent me home. The pain and guilt I felt for not being sure if I even want a child was overbearing and I blamed myself.

A couple weeks later I was still getting very sick in the mornings and gaining weight. I took a pregnancy test and it was positive! I called my doctor and he said that it takes a while for the HCG hormone to drop to normal and to remain calm and all will be fine soon. A week later I still felt sick and I could tell my body was changing. I called my doctor a few more times and he referred me to a Psychiatrist! They thought I was grieving so badly that I was making this all up in my head. I finally made an appointment at a different OBGYN who gave me an ultrasound that day and what do you know? There was my baby and his little heart beating :happydance: I couldn't believe it. I received the pathology results and it turns out I miscarried a twin. As sad as that was I believe I was given a second chance to appreciate my baby. I gave birth to my son at 41 weeks and he is a wonderful beautiful teenager now.

Thank you all for reading this.

:bfp: 8/9/11
bleeding and afraid: 8/10/11

on the bottom of your post with you bfp date you have bleeding and scared i was concerned what happened are you ok

lovely. that story strikes close to heart as i am a twinless twin. :)

my mom had pretty much an identical story, she found out she was pregnant, and then at 13 weeks told she miscarried.

she kept telling them she knew she was still pregnant, and they thought she was nuts..

she finally went to another doc, and look at that... i'm here. :) LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->