My very long birth story :)

Fiore

Reaction score
Baby J
Little girl
Born at 40+5
6lbs 14

It's been almost 3 weeks now so I thought it was about time I write up my birth story, I found the accounts of the labours of others on this forum a great inspiration to me especially in the third trimester so hopefuly I can make my little contribution :flower: Expect a little TMI, a long story (get yourself some cake and tea!) and lots of honesty!!

On the Monday 1st December I went for a sweep, it was only a day after I was due but I had been 'suffering' (it hadn't really bothered me to be honest and wouldn't have known!) from high blood pressure and refused to be induced. They could only poke my very hard and very not ready cervix before I cried in pain, I'm a whimp lol! It wasn't actually that bad, just when she tried to touch it.

I then started getting small cramps and bloody discharge on Wednesday night, we went to the hospital who thought it was my waters as it was so runny so they booked me in for an induction for the following friday. I got about 3 hours sleep as we didn't get back from the hospital until late and I was so excited I had to get up early! I was getting irregular contractions which IMO were like sharp period pains which lasted about 10 seconds and died away into nothing. I went shopping at 8am with a friend to encourage the contractions a little. I eventually gave in and had a paracetamol at about 10pm when they were getting stronger, I tried to have a nap too but the contractions kept waking me up.

For me personally, they were really painful for just 20/30 seconds and then the pain went away and I was totally normal! I would be thinking "maybe we should go to the hospital?? I want pain meds!" during the contraction but then when it went away I was completely normal, I felt totally fine!

At about 1am I gave in and went up to the hospital. They did a quick internal and found me to be between 2 and 3cm!! I was so happy, I didn't expect to have dilated at all! This gave me the confidence to go home and try to sit the pain out a little longer as the hospital was so busy. When at home I tried to sleep but the contractions were getting a little intense, again when they rushed over me I would moan because it hurt but then when it went away I was fine! At about 4am I phoned the hospital back and told them I was going in, no question about it. They weren't too happy but I couldn't care less :haha:

When at the hospital they realised I was in quite a bit of pain so wheeled the gas and air in. At first it made me feel like I was going to faint but then OH MY GOODNESS it was good stuff! Everyone sounded like they were talking slowly at first and I couldn't stop laughing, it made my voice sound strange too! I even phoned up my friend (bear in mind that this was 5am!) to tell her I was drunk on gas and air lol! Anyway, I ended up going a bit mad with the stuff :blush: But it did such a good job of helping me through the pain! I ended up hallucinating and I could hear things through my knees which was so odd :wacko: Whilst vomiting my waters popped. At first I thought I had wet myself then it hit me that all was fine and that I didn't need to be ashamed lol!

At about 6am I was screaming into the gas and air thingy, they decided it was time for me to me moved from triage to the delivery room. I remember seeing my OH and Mum crying which I felt really bad about. I asked them later and they said it was so hard to see me in so much pain. In between contractions I tried to tell them I was fine, my mum laughs now and says that I would say "I'm OK, don't worry!" before screaming in pain lol!

I had wanted to use the birthing pool but by this point I really didn't care! I walked down, at first when I saw the room I wondered if I was getting a c-section as it was all so medical, a bed in the middle of a room with a big light over it. They got my trousers off and told me I was too far gone for an epidural as I wouldn't be able to stay still enough. Instead they gave me another drug which I can't remember the name of for the life of me :dohh: But I just pressed a button whenever I felt a contraction starting.

The checked my dilation, I had reached 6cm. They said my waters were still intact (so they had broken twice already lol!) and they were threatening to break them. I knew this wouldn't hurt but I was scared anyway. The mw was stood at the end of the bed with the pointy thing literally about to poke it into me when SWOOSH! My waters went anyway all over the show!

Not much happened after that to be honest, lots of pain and I tried to sleep some but failed miserably. At 8.45 I needed to push, they checked me and were suprised to see I was ready! So I started to push. It would have all gone alot quicker if:
1. Somebody hadn't come in to check on progress, that really put me off
2. I got scared, there was a million reasons for this but mainly I was scared of it hurting.
So, like a fool, I held back a little. But when you have to push there is no stopping your body! I eventually got the courage and I freaking pushed with all my might! After just 15 minutes of pushing this floppy blue thing was chucked onto me, it was quite suprising! I was drugged to the eyeballs but this little creature looked up at me, let out a little cry and I was in love :cloud9:

They let me hold her whilst I went mental with the gas and air and they sewed me up. I tore quite alot but to be honest it never really bothered me!

It was all very painful but easily bearable IYKWIM? I think it was a mixture of happy hormones and drugs! I can honestly not wait to do it all again!!xx

what a great job you did - well done! Congrats on the birth of your little girl - almost exactly the weight of my lo who was 6lbs12.

Hi. I really enjoyed your story and your humour. I'm getting to that stage now where I am getting a bit apprehensive and scared, so positive vibes are sooooo welcome.
Congratulations!!!!

Hi. I really enjoyed your story and your humour. I'm getting to that stage now where I am getting a bit apprehensive and scared, so positive vibes are sooooo welcome.
Congratulations!!!!

I was so scared, I suffer from panic attacks but it was all so easy and no attacks! It hurts obviously but I still can't wait to do it again!!xx

wow our daughters were like the same weight and I was finally admitted on the day you had her but didn't have her til a full 23 hours after you had J...amazing story! congrats! neither of us got our halloween babies lol

wow our daughters were like the same weight and I was finally admitted on the day you had her but didn't have her til a full 23 hours after you had J...amazing story! congrats! neither of us got our halloween babies lol

Awwww your little girl is so cute! Really kissable lol! I got a bonfire day baby atleast :D what timedid you finally have her?xx

Awwww your little girl is so cute! Really kissable lol! I got a bonfire day baby atleast :D what timedid you finally have her?xx

7:48 pm :dohh:

7:48 pm :dohh:

Just in time for bed :flower: I didn't sleep for a full night for about a month after this, didn't actually sleep for a good few days lol!x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->