My Weight GAIN Journal!!

A

AppleBlossom

Not many of these around. I desperately want to get back to a healthy size. The last time I weighed myself a few weeks ago I was 6st 13lbs. I hate being ultra skinny and so I am targeting myself to get to around 8 stone at least, by the time I go to Florida on 31st July. Any advice/tips would be helpful! For example diets or supplements :) keep ya posted!!

i'm on one of these myself. a high protein diet and lots of exercise to bulk up. will type you up some tips tomorrow, i'm a qualified personal fitness trainer and have a degree in sports science so i have many for you. What is your height?? x

Thanks! I'm 5'2 (and a half!) I don't have a lot of time to eat nor money to buy loads of food. But I don't think eating loads of junk is the way to go. Any tips would be fab :)

can you give me an idea of your daily eating plan at the moment and any exercise even if its just walking with the pram, so i can see where you may be going wrong??x

as i sed il quite happily send u my ass in the post lolol xx

Ok, well I don't eat breakfast (bad start) I usually just snack on crisps or whatever in the day then for dinner I usually have something like spag bol, chicken Korma, pizza. I'll be honest and say that I don't eat a very well balanced diet and I doubt what i do eat contains much protein. I usually go up into town with the pram and can be walking around anytime between 15mins-half an hour. That and rushing around the house after madam and tidying. I find that because Grace is so demanding I have little time to prepare a decent meal and eat it

Ooh, ooh, ooh!! I'll be watching thisone closely!! I have lost weight since having Oliver and i was skinny to start with. I really want to get back up to a healthy weight. Plus, people can be so nasty when you're under weight - do you find that?
I am 5"11 and weigh just under 11 stone. Like you, I am running around a lot, but I DO have breakfast, toast mid morning, sandwich for lunch and a meal for dinner at night. I also eat crisps, chocolate and fruit all day long. I just eat and eat and nothing ever goes on!:cry:
Oh, and good luck hun, I hope it works for you x x

I envy you! I wish i could have a weigh gain diary! I'm fat enough as it is though, boo.

Good luck hun! 6st 13lb is realllllly light!

Being a little titch doesn't help me!

Kat, I do find that people comment on my thinness and how I need to put on weight. But that's the same as telling a fat person they need to lose weight, it's still quite hurtful. If I was purposly starving myself I wouldn't be bothered but I eat all the time and I get nowhere. I've always been like that, eat and gain no weight, it's the most annoying thing in the world! I don't look healthy and it sucks

Iv told you ill sell you my butt cheek and a theigh.. do you a deal.. give me ya curlers and ill send ya my fat no charge lmao

Are you taking a multi vit supplement already?. They can apparently really help to keep weight up on those who are underweight.

hun. i promise to sit down and write u a plan as soon as i have put my little monkey to bed, keeping me on his toes by vomitting every 2 minutes today.

Also if you could give me an idea on your allowance for a weeks food, and whether you do a weekly shop or buy stuff daily etc.

I'll make sure i give you some ideas on a a budget, you can also make up meals in advance and have them in the fridge to microwave when you need them, so cheap and quick to do it this way. xx

hun. i promise to sit down and write u a plan as soon as i have put my little monkey to bed, keeping me on his toes by vomitting every 2 minutes today.

Also if you could give me an idea on your allowance for a weeks food, and whether you do a weekly shop or buy stuff daily etc.

I'll make sure i give you some ideas on a a budget, you can also make up meals in advance and have them in the fridge to microwave when you need them, so cheap and quick to do it this way. xx

Thanks hun, no rush for it :) I tend to buy stuff daily as I don't have a car so can't carry a big shop. I would say for me alone I would budget myself around £30-40 for food a week x

Right first of all, and i'm sure you know i was going to say this....you have to eat breakfast. Running around after bubba without fuel, is not good for you.

No matter how hectic your life is you can always find 10 minutes here or there to prepare a meal and eat it. I am non stop all day doing all of jaidens treatment and looking after him, but have managed to schedule time in to eat properly now, because like you i wasn't eating much and the stuff i was eating was the wrong stuff, with no nutritional value.

People commonly make the mistake of thinking that when they need to gain more weight they should eat more fatty foods, such as chocolate, sweets, crisps etc. And this is truely the wrong way of going about it.
By increasing the amount of complex carbohydrate and protein you consume you will be able to gain weight in the right way.
So you could try eating something like this.

Breakfast.

Porridge made with semi skimmed milk, sweetened with honey and sprinkled with a fruit of your choice. And a glass of pure fruit juice.
(and if you can buy a packet of sesame seeds and sprinkle some on your porridge and mix them in, as these are a great source of minerals and vitamins and once they are mixed in you won't even realise they are there.)

or

Two pieces of wholemeal toast with jam or peanut butter and a glass of fruit juice.

Snack 10-30-11am: handful of nuts or muffin, or dried fruit or cereal bar.

Lunch:

Sandwich of your choice with side salad, and yoghurt

or

jacket potato with your choice of filling. and side salad and yoghurt

(sandwich is good if you are out and about because you can make it in the morning quick and put it in your handbag if you go out)

Snack: Some fruit, handful of nuts, cereal bar, baked crisps etc.

Dinner:
Pasta with pasta sauce and chicken/tuna and a side of vegetable. and a few scoops of ice cream

or

Rice with fish/meat and sauce and veg. and a few scoops of ice cream.

or

a few slices of Pizza. and side salad and few scoops of ice cream.

Pasta and rice are so quick and easy to prepare and cheap to buy.
You can either just buy a packet of dried pasta (fusilli etc) or in the fridge section you can buy some tortellini (filled pasta) which are also cheap and alot tastier. By eating these types of carbohydrate they will slowly help you to gain weight, so are very important.

The above is just some ideas, but that is the amount you should be eating and you will feel so much better and energised when you are and will also gain a little weight. At the moment your body is in starvation mode because you are eating so little and running around after your little one all day. So its no suprise you are under weight.

You can change any of the above for something of your choice that you perfer, but try your hardest not to skip meals and eat 3 solid times a day with a few snacks in between. It takes a little organisation but will be totally worth it in the long run.

You are also guranteed to be mineral and vitamin deficient because it doesn't sound like you eat hardly and fruit and veg.

Try to eat at least 5 different types of fruit and veg a day and drink a minimum of 8 glasses of water and you will reap the benefits.

I hope this has given you some ideas and makes sense, goodluck and keep us informed of your progress. Maybe for the first week if you can post a food diary of what you have eaten and at what times each day then i look to see where needs improvement. xx

Oh and this might help.

Foods to include to gain weight:

Whole grains: oats, quinoa, millet, buckwheat, brown rice, rye.

Pulses: chickpeas, aduki beans, mung beans, butter beans, haricot beans, lentils.

Unsalted nuts: cashews, Brazils, hazelnuts, almonds, pecans, walnuts, pistachios.

Seeds and oils of: hemp, sunflower, pumpkin, sesame and flax.

Fruit

Vegetables

Animal products if you're not vegetarian: fish, unprocessed meats and eggs.

2 litres of water (which half could include herbal teas) a day.

And small, regular meals and snacks can improve absorption of nutrients.

Healthy snacks need to become a habit. Some ideas include:

Avocadoes
Fresh or dried fruit
Nuts and seeds
Oat cakes with nut butters
Vegetable crudités with dips
Olives
Fruit and nut bars

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics