My weight loss journey

rjm09

kcm12
Reaction score
Today is my 3rd day actually.

2 days ago, my husband finally got a treadmill for me. I knew months before having my daughter I wanted one, not just for a weight loss tool, but because I knew after having my daughter, the winter months would mean less activity. I wanted it to burn excess energy, as I find myself restless in the house, and can't do anything really.

So yesterday I was on my treadmill for an hour, and really like it. Every day will be an hour, well until I improve myself.I'm starting right away with incline, so I can definitely feel my workout after just an hour.

So in addition to using my treadmill every day, i'm totally changing my diet.I am aiming for a 1500-1800 calorie diet. It's extremely tough for me so far feeling full on fruits and veggies. I'm hoping to het used to it soon.

I admit i'm a carb junkie. I could eat noodles everyday!! And I used to! However this was before kids.. and being younger.

I'm now 31, 5f5 and last I was weighed, was at the dc's office, 5 wks pp. I was 163. I'm sure i'm a little less now, but don't have a scale. I imagine my weight now is 155-160.

For years, I was 145 and happy!!! Even in my early 20's when I was skateboarding with my guy friends, I was 135, but alot leaner! I would definitely like to go back to my 135 days!

So I guess this is my journey to lose 20(ish) pounds

It doesn't sound like much, but is a huge deal for me.It would make me feel better about myself, and less insecure with my dh.

I hope to be able to share my journey, get some insight with other treadmill users, and maybe share with each other, low calorie meals.

Good luck with your weight loss :)

Sounds like you're on the right track :thumbup:

Been almost 2 weeks, it's tough adjusting to healty eating.. and cutting out carbs drastically!

I've been eating mostly veggies, soups,oatmeal, and lean meats.

I track my calories and keep them about 1500-1600.

I've still been using the treadmill.. about 3-5 miles a day.

I'm holding off on weighing myself, for a few more weeks, and I will at my moms, cause I don't have a scale. But cause she's 2 hrs away, i'm less apt to want to go over just to do it, lol!

Today..... was the first day I turned down burgerking, even though I ordered for my son and dh! The fries resistance was tough! I did it though!

Good job on resisting Burger King! That's awesome! Cutting out carbs is so hard! I did it for the last month.... Well bread anyways. I've been eating Pitas. Soooo yummy! I've lost quite a bit of weight in the last month by cutting out bread. So good for you! You'll be down at your ideal weight in no time! What incline are you at on the treadmill?

Good job on resisting Burger King! That's awesome! Cutting out carbs is so hard! I did it for the last month.... Well bread anyways. I've been eating Pitas. Soooo yummy! I've lost quite a bit of weight in the last month by cutting out bread. So good for you! You'll be down at your ideal weight in no time! What incline are you at on the treadmill?

My treadmill only has 2 positions, flat and incline. I believe the grade is 10%, thats the most common for the ones like mine that dont say and only have this one setting

I did have some BK, didn't have time to make dinner that day as i had to drive back and forth 2 hrs because of my vehicle breaking down and us going back to fix it. I had a small chicken sandwich and a medium fry,but that was all i ate that day too. I did also give in to tim hortons twice, but a cheddar bagel. Not too bad on calories at only 220 each. I was out wih my sister :) i only hang out with her every 2-3 weeks so we went to tim hortons!

I guess according to my calories counting app, i am down 6.38 lbs. Its not really noticable, but my stomach doesn't feel or look as bloated or big. I wore my dh' s work jacket outside with less struggle to zip it! He's smaller than me.

Best treadmill trick for me was to never stay at the same speed for too long. Doing intermittent spurts get your heartbeat up and keeps your body from plateauing.

Best treadmill trick for me was to never stay at the same speed for too long. Doing intermittent spurts get your heartbeat up and keeps your body from plateauing.

I switch my workouts everyday.

I'll do a steady walk, then one of the intense ones, or if i'm feeling like i have alot of energy, i'll do an intense setting and a weight loss setting.

Dh said he's noticed me "happier" , and more like my energetic self I used to be!
I fee great now that i'm working out and eating better.

I'm going to incorporate some weight lifting now, just to make things different, and lean up my muscles, especially my upper body. Balance everything out! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->