My worst nightmare came true!

shnsn

Reaction score
I was due for a c section on 12th april. i'd completed my pre op and had 1 week to wait before meeting baby!

i was worried about going into labour before my date but was told would be treated as an emergency so i tried to chill!

4 days before my section my waters broke!
in hospital i was asked again why i was having a section! i tried my best to explain whilst in labour but it all fell on deaf ears!
i felt the midwives were less than sympathetic, the doctor had her own ideas on why i should be ok to give birth vaginally having done so 3 times before.
i was given excuse after excuse on why i wouldnt be sent for a section just yet, 3 emergencies before me?! i didnt believe that! couldnt have and epidural as anaesthetist was busy! didnt believe that either!
the midwife examined me, saying i wouldnt be considered for section until atleast 4cm dialated, luckily i was 4cm dialated but after that check it was just another excuse after excuse!

as u might be able to tell, i was quite fed up with having to explain my reasons for a c section as i was told i wouldnt need to go through it again and again!
i was so upset with everyone for not listening to me! it was like my worst nightmare.

my labour lasted 2.5hrs in all from waters breaking, so im not sure if there would have been enough time for the section, i would have liked to have found out atleast.

i had a horrendously painful birth and recovery!
tore everywhere even into bladder, hated the catheter and was ready to pull it out because it was causing me so much pain, ive had it in before without problems!
to make things worse it seems like again my babys soft spot has fused so another child with potential head problems and the whole reason i wanted section was to avoid them!!

i have a healthy, live baby boy out of it all! he is the only positive out of the whole thing! its just i feel let down by everyone at the hospital especially after fighting for a section and attending counselling etc, i feel led on by all the 'professional' and angry i couldnt have section early as i wanted to avoid all the problems that i was faced with!

I don't know what to say really other than thats discusting the way they treated you. I hope you put in a complaint.
So glad you have a healthy live baby, but you could still have had that and not had to sufer all that trauma, hope you and your boy are ok.
Take care x

I think it's really awful that they treated you so badly. This is my worst nightmare too, I'm due an elective on Monday and been told that if I go into labour they'll give me the choice to continue or have the csection. I'm still really worried about it tho. Congratulations on your little man tho xx

I was due for a c section on 12th april. i'd completed my pre op and had 1 week to wait before meeting baby!

i was worried about going into labour before my date but was told would be treated as an emergency so i tried to chill!

4 days before my section my waters broke!
in hospital i was asked again why i was having a section! i tried my best to explain whilst in labour but it all fell on deaf ears!
i felt the midwives were less than sympathetic, the doctor had her own ideas on why i should be ok to give birth vaginally having done so 3 times before.
i was given excuse after excuse on why i wouldnt be sent for a section just yet, 3 emergencies before me?! i didnt believe that! couldnt have and epidural as anaesthetist was busy! didnt believe that either!
the midwife examined me, saying i wouldnt be considered for section until atleast 4cm dialated, luckily i was 4cm dialated but after that check it was just another excuse after excuse!

as u might be able to tell, i was quite fed up with having to explain my reasons for a c section as i was told i wouldnt need to go through it again and again!
i was so upset with everyone for not listening to me! it was like my worst nightmare.

my labour lasted 2.5hrs in all from waters breaking, so im not sure if there would have been enough time for the section, i would have liked to have found out atleast.

i had a horrendously painful birth and recovery!
tore everywhere even into bladder, hated the catheter and was ready to pull it out because it was causing me so much pain, ive had it in before without problems!
to make things worse it seems like again my babys soft spot has fused so another child with potential head problems and the whole reason i wanted section was to avoid them!!

i have a healthy, live baby boy out of it all! he is the only positive out of the whole thing! its just i feel let down by everyone at the hospital especially after fighting for a section and attending counselling etc, i feel led on by all the 'professional' and angry i couldnt have section early as i wanted to avoid all the problems that i was faced with!

OMG !!!!!! I swear in parts u were telling my story, I can't BELIEVE they did that to u please know ur not alone and PLEASE PLEASE complain!!!! They went against ur agreed labour plan and u can sue, u pre agreed ur section and they didn't consult ur notes and how DARE they tell u that u need to be dilating before they can so ur section THAT'S BOLLOCKS im so so angry this happened to u !!! Please feel free to read my story or PM me , they put ur life at risk and destroyed ur faith in the medical profession. Sending MASSIVE hugs ur way :( :hugs::hugs::hugs:

that is atrocious, and not only a nightmare come true, it sounds like hell on earth :(
your poor thing, I would definitely complain straight away

So sorry that happened to you :( it really is one of my biggest fears at the moment!
Congratulations on your boy though. Xxx

That's awful. I would complain if yo have the energy. Once a section has been agreed then it should be straight forward and no one should be trying to change your mind at the last minute! Ridiculous. But glad you have a healthy baby boy xx

Have you contacted a solicitor? if its in your records you had to have a csec then you can sue them or at least get a massive complaint, go to your local newspaper too x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->