My yellow bump turned blue!! - **Jack Luca** 09/08/10

Youngling

Mummy to Jack Luca
Reaction score
My beautiful baby boy decided to finally make an appearance exactly one week overdue.

I started having contractions on the thursday and he wasnt born until the monday so Ill start my story from Sunday when things started really happening.

My contractions finally started to come every three minutes sunday night, lasting about a minute, they were painful but I could handle the pain.
I rang the labour ward and I dont think they wanted me to come in just yet but I wasnt having any of it. So me, OH and my mum got there at about 10pm. I was examined at about 11 to be told I was only 3cm dilated. As soon as I was examined the contractions started to get really painful and I couldnt handle them anymore so I asked for an epidural.
As I was only 3cm she said they dont normally give epidurals this early and maybe I should try pethadine. I finally agreed. I didnt like gas and air at all!!
Had the pethadine, which made me drunk. I could still feel the contractions but they were managable. About an hour later the contractions started to get really painful and I really couldnt handle them again.
So again I asked for an epidural. She examined me and I was still only 3cm :cry: but she said I could have it.
So at about 3am I had my epidural and it was the biggest relief ever. We all managed to get about an hours sleep after this.

She examined me again at about 7am and I was about 5-6cm so she broke my waters for me. She said she would examine me again in 2 hours to see if things were progressing quicker. By this point it was the mw's shift swap so we had a new mw who was lovely. She said by looking at my contractions on the monitors she thought I would only be about 7cm but I had managed to get to 10cm in the space of 2 hours :happydance: She was really shocked. She said in hours time I would be able to push.

In between all of this I was sick three times, its abit of a blur so Im not sure when. It was like a waterfall though!

So the time came to push, this is the hardest thing I have ever done. All together I was pushing for about an hour and 15 minutes. I guess the rasberry leaf capsules didnt work for me. OH was so good and encouraging.
Towards the end he was saying 'come one kayleigh push, you can do it' and midwife turned round and was like no no stop stop. His head was just coming out, so I managed to relax and pushed when they midwife told me to. A few minutes later at 11.24am out he came, it was such a strange feeling.

I wanted OH to tell me the sex, 'hes got a winky' he goes. All of us just burst into tears. He was put straight onto my chest. It was the best moment of my life.
He weighed 7lb 6oz. She told us he was 7lb 8 and a half oz but the conversions dont work out right.

I stayed in hospital that night as the epidural had numbed my left leg completely so I couldnt walk and I had to have a cathetar. I also had a second degree tear so had to have stitches. But the next day at about 3pm we was allowed to come home.
So we are all home now and doing good. Jack is such a good baby. We both love him so much, he is definatley the best thing that has ever happened to me :cloud9:

https://img836.imageshack.us/img836/870/dscf0293t.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

awww beautiful story Kayleigh :D
I teared up when you wrote about your OH telling you about his 'winky' lol!

Hes beautiful!
xx

awwwwww congratulations hun, what a sweet baby boy snuggled on Mummy :D xxx

Congratulations sweetie! All the best...Bless...

AWWW i just cried reading this!! Congratulations hun, Hes gorgeous!! x

I wanted OH to tell me the sex, 'hes got a winky' he goes. All of us just burst into tears. He was put straight onto my chest. It was the best moment of my life.

awwwwww :cloud9:

Congratulations hunni on the birth of your little man! :happydance:

he is so cute! :kiss: xxxx

Awwww, look at his gorgeous little face, Congratulations to you and your family x

He is so handsome! You must be a super proud mommy!

Congratulations! :D

awh! Congradualtions!

your baby is beautiful! And i love the name you picked!

congratulations on your little man! So sweet about OH telling you the sex with 'he has a winky' heehee.

He is absolutely adorable! Well done :)

xoxox

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"