My yellow bump turned pink 8 days overdue!

cutie4evr01

Reaction score
I came in yesterday to be induced because LO was showing no signs of coming on her own. As soon as I arrived at 8:30am (2cm dilated, 30% effaced) the doctor decided to skip the pessary and went ahead and broke my water and started the pitocin drip. By about 1:30pm I had progressed to 5cm and was in a lot of pain, so I went ahead and asked for the epidural. Had I known everything would go so quickly from then on, I may not have asked! The epidural was placed around 2:15 and I could still feel/move my legs and most of the contractions, but I'm hoping it at least took the edge off. I started pushing around 2:50 and my beautiful baby girl was born at 3:11. She had the cord wrapped around her neck twice and around her chest once, so that explains why she wasn't descending on her own and was having heart rate decelerations with every contraction. Thankfully she quickly recovered and now is doing terrific! I was concerned about breastfeeding because my first daughter lost a lot of weight in hospital since I wasn't feeding enough and my milk took a long time to come in, but DD2 is feeding like a champ and has already had 4 pooey diapers over 12 hours, so she must be getting something!

We are thrilled to introduce our daughter - Caitlyn Ava - 8lb 2oz, and 22 in long
IMG_0127_small.jpg

Congratulations hon, she is beautiful and I'm glad she is taking to feeding so well :) x

congratulations, she is beautiful.
sounds like a great labour too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"