My yellow bump turned pink :D really very long...

Hellodoris

Mum to one & one cooking.
Reaction score
I'm typing this one handed whilst my gorgeous daughter eats her heart out so I apologise for the bad spelling....

So it all began on Monday 6th September at 2am when my waters went, I was lying in bed and felt a pop... went to the loo and there was a gush... woke OH and phoned the hospital. We went in and the midwife said she would do a quick check to see if it was my waters.. she asked me to remove my trousers and as i stood a rather large puddle appeared... she didn't need a second opinion and told me to wait for the contractions to start. I was then booked for an induction on Wednesday at 8am if I did not go into labour by myself.

We went home fully expecting labour to start quickly... 24 hours later and the occasional period like cramp and contractions lasting no more then 20 mins we were no closer.. by 2am on Wednesday however I was feeling pretty rough and getting contractions every 5 mins... I was told we were not allowed to go in till contractions were every 3 minutes apart so I thought nothing of it... when I went to the loo there was a bit of blood and after every contraction more blood... I decided to call the hospital for advice and they told me to come in to be checked...

When we got there we go taken straight to a delivery room... I was told I wouldn't be going home and they were going to start the induction early...

Because of the length of time since my waters had passed I was not allowed my water birth and was hooked straight up to antibitotics, the baby was then monitored so I was strapped to the bed... I was breathing through my contractions and everything was fine, my midwife ended her shift at 4am and checked me before she left and told me I was at 4cm.. YAY!!!!

My new midwife came in and said because my trace was so good she would take me off the monitor so I could move a bit and really get the contractions working... and oh boy they did... At that point they increased and the pain was terrible... I got gas and air and got quite abusive to my OH :D, 3 hours later and I'd made it to 6cm... we were ecstatic I was progressing... but at this point it took a turn.. the gas and air just would not cut it.... I'd make an agreement with my OH that I would ask him 3 times for an epidural (I wanted to try and avoid it ) and at that point he would help me get one... at the third time of asking I was kneeling on the floor with snot running down my face begging him to take the pain away....

I got my epidural... And it was amazing!!! But I ended up going back on the monitors so back into bed... my contractions stopped completely so they had to give me a drip to start them again... everything was going well and I caught up with a couple of hours sleep....

Then I awake and one side of my body was in agony.. the epidural had not worked properly.. I got a top up and moved onto my side to help it work.... it did.. and by 1pm I was 10cm... They left me another hour to give the baby more time to move down and at 2pm they told me to start pushing... at 3.30pm the consultant came in... the baby was back to back and not moving down properly and her heart was decelerating.. they made the choice to take me to theatre for an assisted delivery...

At this point my epidural failed on one side again and a top up failed to work... Theatre was blocked by an emergency C-Section so I was lying in my delivery room crying in agony.. about an hour later I got into theatre and was given a spinal block.... it started working.. a little too well and I couldn't breathe... they gave my O2 and lots more drips... by this point I was so out of it I had no idea what was going on...

Our gorgeous daughter was born on 08/09/10 at 17:09 by forceps assisted delivery 65 hours after my waters first broke.. Her Apgar scale after 1 minute was 9 and after 5 minutes was 10, she weighed 8lb 9 oz at birth.

Despite the horrific birth and quite frankly appalling after care we are so happy to have our daughter home....

Now to find a name :happydance:

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v716/norfolkandchance/IMG_0130.jpg

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v716/norfolkandchance/BabyGodzilladay3.jpg

Look at all that hair!!! Ive been waiting for your birth story haha, congratulations hunni you did it! Well done you! xx

aww congratulations hun, she's beautiful! sorry you had such a long wait but i'm sure it was all worth it x

Sounds like you really had a hard time hun. Your little girl is beautiful, congratulations xx

Sorry you had a horrible birth, but at least you're little one's here now and she's gorgeous :) Congratulations!

Congrats :flower:
She's a real gem! Enjoy every second hun :hugs:

omg she's beautiful!!!! i so love big babies!!! hehe she has awesome hair too!

congrats hun, sounds like labour was an ordeal, hope you and your little girl are doing well :flower:

Thank you so much ladies.. it was long and hard and scary and messy but above all totally worth it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->