My Yellow Bump turned.......

LadyH

Reaction score
Blue! I was due on Wednesday 27th July, my waters broke on Friday evening, luckily I'd just sat down on the toilet!
Went to the hospital at 10pm to be examined then got sent home at half twelve. By half four I was contracting every five minutes for over 45 seconds and called the hospital asking to go back in as pain was so intense.
At 7am I was 3cm so was given pethadine for the pain and to help me relax and told it could be awhile. By 10am I said that I needed to push so went in to the birthing pool about 10.30am. Went on gas and air and then shouted that I was having a poo (nope in fact it was a baby!) and delivered him in the pool at 11.08am! The midwife who delivered him was the male midwife who was on One Born Every Minute earlier this year and he was fantastic. He kept me calm throughout and was so supportive he definitely helped as did my husband who was also amazing.
So baby Luke arrived weighing 8lbs, I'd like to add that at a 36 week scan I was told my baby was already 7lbs 14 oz and was going to be very big, Luke is tiny and much smaller than my first boy.
Anyway that's my birth story, it's lovely to finally share it with everyone! Having had an epidural and forceps with my first child it was nice to have the birth I had planned.
Good luck to those of you who are due/overdue now!x:thumbup:

awww Congratulations hun i`m due thursday with my 2nd boy i`v been having braxton hicks this last week but no other signs xx

WOW congratulations, i saw that guy on One Born too, made me think i would quite like to have a guy :) xx

Lovely birth story and congratulations x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->