N.Y. Outdoor smoking ban

tallybee

DS '04, DD '06, DD '15
Reaction score
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-13467728

What do y'all think? Seems OTT to me - also probably will concentrate smokers into small areas where they can light up, which will be crappy having to negotiate through. It's been said on these boards before about the clouds we have to go through at shop doors where lots of people stand to smoke.

:flower:

I think I agree with it in principle, but I don't like the idea of people congregating outside parks to smoke, I hate walking into pubs through clouds at the moment.

I think its a good idea. I hate people that smoke in the school playground!

Also our hospital have a 'no smoking policy' and it means you cant smoke on hospital grounds at all even outside but people dont listen and everytime i go to the maternity building i have to go through a cloud of smoke first with my 2 kids. Even when i first brought Tyler home he was in his car seat and i had to carry him through a cloud of smoke because the lazy smokers couldnt be bothered to walk off site!!!

I agree with it. I hate walking past people smoking especially as they seem to stand right outside shop doors to do it.

But surely unless it's NO smoking ANYWHERE outside there'll be concentrated clouds of smokers in the places they are allowed to smoke? Just like outside shop doors now :flower:

but i guess you could avoid them.

I imagine they would be like big sheltered bus stops for the smokers and would be fairly out of the way

I think its a good idea. After remembering how ridiculous i thought it was banning smoking in clubs and other places agees ago, having a discussion with my friend, its sooo much better. So hoping itl be the same with this new law

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->