Nails

Mrs R

Reaction score
I'm looking to get my nails done properly and have no idea what's the best thing to get done. I just fancy making an effort but I've never had my nails done before in a salon. I'm not looking for anything mad but just something nice.

I'm not high maintainence so would need something that lasts a few weeks at a time. My own nails are a bit rubbish so a manicure wouldn't do much for me either.

Any suggestions?? Thanks ladies

You could try gel or acrylic nails, these can be done with a white or natural tips. Infills will need to be done after 2-3 weeks.
Or if you want something over your own nails try gelish or shellac. It is a gel polish which is cured under a UV light, again this will last between 2-3 weeks x

I was going to suggest the same. Try local salons, I mean, not chain ones or ones in a main shopping street. Just like hairdressers, they tend to be cheaper and just as good. :thumbup:I know my local one does acrylics for less than £20 (about £16 I think) but I believe the one in town is double that.

If you're not looking for a lot of maintenance then I would avoid acrylics. You have to get them filled every 2 weeks, get them taken off and changed to new set every 4-6 weeks.

Personally, I'd take some vitamins for your natural nails to keep them strong and get the shellac polish done. If they offered that in my area, I'd always have my nails done.

If you're not looking for a lot of maintenance then I would avoid acrylics. You have to get them filled every 2 weeks, get them taken off and changed to new set every 4-6 weeks.

Personally, I'd take some vitamins for your natural nails to keep them strong and get the shellac polish done. If they offered that in my area, I'd always have my nails done.

You only have to have them soaked off if the technician is using white tips, if they sculpt(using white powder instead of tips) you don't need a soak off as the tech will just file down the nail and sculpt the white into the area where the natural nail is visible x

I suppose it may be different in the UK. Here they recommend you change them every 4-6 weeks, for clear acrylic tips. As they grow out, well my natural nails grow pretty fast anyway. If your nails don't grow that fast, then I would leave them on for 8 weeks. For white acrylic tips, I would certainly change every 4 weeks as they tend to start looking dingy.

IMO, acrylic nails are a pain in the arse. I've had them for years and can't be bothered with them now that I'm older.

I would say, don't start.. because having your nails done will make your nail beds thin and it will ruin them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->