name situation... kinda torn..

mrscookie

Mama and expecting
Reaction score
Hi all, me and hubby decided on middle names for our baby already, boy or girl, we are all prepared.
We were gonna have *insert first name* May Tilly Bolton for a girl (may Tilly being the 2 middle names) My moms nan is called may, and my hubbys gran was called tilly..
or*insert first name* Michael Philip Bolton for boy
My great grandad was philip(alwasy kept it in the family name), and michael is hubbys dad.
But....
last night, my grandad informs me that it wont be too much longer til my gran is no longer with us (she has various problems, dementia and also not eating) and he said to me '' if you get stuck on girls names, please consider your grans name as an option''
Her name is Aurial Dawn.... Should I use dawn as a middle name and scrap my original idea, i would love to keep her memory in my baby if I have a girl, but im not too sure about Aurial.. she even calls herself dawn.
help me :( Its a really touchy and upsetting subject for me... Im gutted she may never meet my baby, and I need to have her name in there somewhere... i just dont want to upset my mom by getting rid of my great nans name.
*sob*
so it could be..

*name*Dawn Tilly Bolton...

xxx:hug:

I like Dawn Tilly as a middle name and i am sure your nan will be so proud and pleased,
good luck with the 1st name, and sorry your nan is unwell i hope your nan makes it to see your child
x
x

I think Aurial is a beautiful name
But Dawn Tilly is lovely too

I like both hun, although i think your a bugger because you wont spill the first name and i cant decide if i like Tilly Dawn Bolton better than Dawn Tilly Bolton ....

Actually no i llike it Tilly Dawn ... maybe something to consider!!

Yeh i like Tilly Dawn too same as polo princess. What first names r u thinking hun?

I think I'd go with Cashew Dawn Tilly Boulton, then if you have another girl in the future you can use May for her middle name because May is a great middle name and goes with loads of first names. I think they're all beautiful names, if you're not too keen you could consider using her maiden name in there instead? x

:hug:

Dawn was my late sisters name and I think its just beautiful.

I quite like Aurial, it's unusual! But if she calls herself Dawn then that would be a better tribute. What's wrong with it as a first name? Or does the insert first name mean you've already chosen one but are keeping it quiet?

Completely unrelated but my Godmother was called May Bolton...

There is no law against three middle names ya know! Although its a bit of a mouthful. I'd go with the most recent Grandparents if I were you. After all I am sure you know the Gran you have now better than you did maybe your Great Gran? and anyway you may have more girls and you can use that name next time?
If you do go for your Gran I'd go by the name she goes by if you like it.

haha, sorry its taken me forever to get back to this guys, work work work...
I love tilly dawn too, i think i might keep it that way round. I was considering keeping Auriol, but if she called herself dawn, i think it would be more appropriate to call her that.
I have has a few days to get used to the idea, and its great to know none of you guys dislike the names, so i think I will stick with tilly dawn :D
thankyou so much.... its official

Cashew Tilly Dawn Bolton ;p
thanks elm haha
xxxxxxxxxxx

I quite like Aurial, it's unusual! But if she calls herself Dawn then that would be a better tribute. What's wrong with it as a first name? Or does the insert first name mean you've already chosen one but are keeping it quiet?

I love may, its so cute, my great nan was called may PLUS our baby was conceived in may. haha :D
xxx
first names are strictly confidential... too many nasty comments, especially when your heart is set on one, and somebody dashes it, makes you feel a tad poop!

so for now, baby is Cashew :D
x

I am having this same problem, my grandmother is not doing too well and OH would like to give our daughter (if its a girl) her name (Stella) but use it as a middle name if thats makes sense.

We have decided that if its a girl her first name will be Olivia, so she will be Olivia Stella I dont mind this combination but I wouldn't want it the other way around.

I love may, its so cute, my great nan was called may PLUS our baby was conceived in may. haha :D
xxx
first names are strictly confidential... too many nasty comments, especially when your heart is set on one, and somebody dashes it, makes you feel a tad poop!

so for now, baby is Cashew :D
x

:rofl: When I just read your other post I thought Cashew was the first name you'd picked! I thought it was a little out there!

May will be our girl's middle name (if LO is a girl!) and is also my middle name. It's funny how fashionable it seems to be at the moment but I'm going to use it anyway to remember my Godmother.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->