Napisan destroys PUL??

Haven't found it to be the case. I use a capful every time. Mine are specifically recommended to be washed in just Napisan (but I also use a small amount of detergent).

I haven't used Nappisan itself, but BioD nappy sanitizing powder doesn't. I did read that Nappisan has some nasties in it though, and prefer a guaramteed environmentally friendly one

I did read something about how Napisan rots elastic - can't remember where. I do use a small amount in my wash sometimes, but I only soak things with no PUL or elastic (or things I don't mind going rotten, like his plastic-backed bibs). It is so good on stains, though. :(

i use it in my wash but dont soak anything with PUL in it

bky im preety sure the napisan there is different to what we get in the uk

I use Napisan once a month on my nappies, about half a scoop (30 mls). I mainly have BGs & they actually recommend adding non-chlorine bleach in the hot wash cycle to get rid of ammonia smell. I use the one in the pink tub 'cause I think that one is colour safe. I don't use it on my minky nappies though. Not sure if it's ok...

We use napisan now and again and don't seem to have had any issues from it? :shrug:

I use Napisan once a month on my nappies, about half a scoop (30 mls). I mainly have BGs & they actually recommend adding non-chlorine bleach in the hot wash cycle to get rid of ammonia smell. I use the one in the pink tub 'cause I think that one is colour safe. I don't use it on my minky nappies though. Not sure if it's ok...

Ecover laundry bleach is also non chlorine and colour safe, and less than half the price of "Pink"! It's also packaged in more environmentally friendly packaging!

Ecover laundry bleach is also non chlorine and colour safe, and less than half the price of "Pink"! It's also packaged in more environmentally friendly packaging!

True :thumbup: I do have a box of unopened ecover bleach but for some reason I keep reaching for the Pink one! I'm sucked into all that 'clever' marketing :haha: Which incidentally I am paying a premium for...

Also, it took a job & a half to find that darn thing! Our local tesco & morrisons have very limited range of ecover :dohh:

I think Napisan has optical brighters and some other things in it that nappy companies recommend you avoid. I've been using Bambino Mio bleach which I pick up in Waitrose, but I think it's pretty much the same as the Ecover laundry bleach :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->