Nappies *Updated post 8*

XKatX

Reaction score
I know that a BF babies nappy should be a yellowy colour. Olivers has been yellow so far. But last couple of days it has been a green colour. I have tried looking this up and all I can find is that it is ok for a formula fed babies colour to change to green, if they have had a change in formula.
Should I get this checked out, or is it completely normal for it to change from time to time?

hi, i BF my baby for a month and the colour of nappies never really changed, just the quantity lol when i started to use formula, if ur still concerned pls ask HV, i don't think u have anything to worry about!! x

Hi Kat,

When Poppy's nappies went green, it was at a time when I was having trouble with my flow (too fast). The lactation consultant I saw said it was probably due to the fact that she was only getting the initial non-fatty, glucose-rich first milk or "hind milk" as they used to call it. She said it was nothing much to worry about but I have read that if you are concerned, you can try offering the same boob for two consecutive feeds. This should make the fattier milk more readily available to them. You do have to watch their weight if you do this though.

Alternatively, is he very windy? Poppy sometimes gets a green nappy if she has had a very colicky night.

x x

archie is on bottles and his poo is always green is dat bad then?

It's the iron in the formula that makes it green and it's completely fine :) Hannah's are always a gross mixture of green and yellow

Yep, Jasmine's poop is green/yellow too...

As long as it isn't watery then you are OK.. If it turns watery it can either mean a tummy bug or an allergy to something your eating.

Yeah max used to have greenie poops too when he was BF , HV said not to worry alsong as hes wetting enough nappies and eating fine with out tummy aches

Well, hubby was just changing his nappy and there was a mass explosion!! It was a bit more yellowy, but still a bit green. He has been really grumpy all day and won't settle. He is also feeding for England! He is winding ok but seems to be pulling his knees up before he cries. I checked his temp and that is fine.
Could be a tummy bug maybe? Or possibly the pizza I had last night? It was quite spicey - oh, now I feel like a bad mummy!!!

Sometimes what we eat can effect them but not very often I did the same mistake once ..I ate chili :( poor bub had tummy pains but he felt better once it was all out

Well, hubby was just changing his nappy and there was a mass explosion!! It was a bit more yellowy, but still a bit green. He has been really grumpy all day and won't settle. He is also feeding for England! He is winding ok but seems to be pulling his knees up before he cries. I checked his temp and that is fine.
Could be a tummy bug maybe? Or possibly the pizza I had last night? It was quite spicey - oh, now I feel like a bad mummy!!!

Sounds like what my Ollie has hun. He's had a funny tum for the past few days. As long as he's feeding well still (which you've said he is) and is having plenty of wet nappies then he should be fine in a few days x

I questioned this the other day. I found out that it can mean a couple of things in b/f babies, either bit of an upset tummy or they are getting too much foremilk.

As long as it clears up within 24hours i think it is ok other wise defo get it checked out as it is usually a sign something is up.

For formula fed babies it can be the norm so nothing to be concerned about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Serenity123
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->