nappies:- what to do with the poo?!

MrsD

Reaction score
errm not sure how put this.....

I've got serious poop issues! Just starting to wean my boy and his poos are not solid but not runny they are loose with every imaginable veg still in it sorry TMI!

Just wondering what you did with your reuseables during this stage? It looks a bit too 'lumpy' to put in my machine tried to hold the fleece liner against the toilet to flush the poo off but it just got very messy lol! :dohh:

we either put them in a nappy then in the bin or down the toilet

x

We use nappy liners, but disposable ones (not the papery kind!)

Try and shake off what you can down the loo and rinse the rest off in the bath. Thats what we do anyway :D I wouldnt put it straight in the machine with lots of poop on still. x

PS we also use disbosable liners which just flush away but often poo gets in the nappy too so just rinse it off before sticking it in the pail x

Im not at that stage yet but Id get off what I could in the loo (I may be marking a knife as a nappy scrapping knife and use the back of it to scrape poop off nappies!) and then in the pail. I dry pail and found if I rinse nappies and leave them sat it goes a bit icky (ie green!) so avoid putting any water on them.

I think i have some disposable liners in the back of the airing cupboard I will go and rumage.....I take it eventually the poo will turn into proper poo which i can shake off - anyone know roughly when this happens? This stage is scary theres poo everywhere! :rofl:

Im at this stage too... icky

Just rinse off what you can really. Use a shower head if you have one. I like the knife idea might give that a go :)

Were well past weaning and onto more adult foods and we still get that kind of poo sometimes :rofl:

I shake off what I can into the loo, then flush and hold the liner under the flushing water while squeezing/rubbing, then dunk it up and down into the fresh toilet water. It's pretty grim but I wash my hands in hot water and antibacterial soap after. I can't be bothered with a knife (wouldn't want it sitting around and think my fingers do a better job). We use fleece liners. I used to spray dirty nappies and liners with the shower head and cold water, but decided it was probably really unsanitary because I used to find bits of poo splashed in places I never imagined, and consequently started imagining it on Adam's bath toys and our toothbrushes. It was one thing when it was new-baby and pre-weaning poo but now it's like adult poo I just can't put it near the bath. Plus I didn't like the idea of all that solid matter going down the bath plughole.

I just bought a cheapy baby fleece blanket for £1.50 and can get about 15 liners out of it. So a liner is approx 15p and if she poo's in it i just chuck it? Maybe not the cheapest option but it saves ALOT of poo scraping....

Generally we use biodegradable TotsBots liners, they work out as pennies per liner- we put one in when shes 'due' a poop....not every time we change her....never had a full poo actually on our nappies yet!

Also i find if i rinse and soak...if it sits there wet, it soaks the stain in? Dry pailing avoids stains far better for us...damp soiled nappies just work into the fabric more

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->