Nappy absorbency

emyandpotato

Reaction score
I used cloth nappies with my LO until he was 3, when we potty trained him. We tried all in ones, pocket nappies (three inserts), and the wrap type ones with covers. We also tried bamboo liners and bamboo inserts to increase absorbency. As he got older we found that he just weed through them and it was a nightmare. Especially at nighttime as we'd be changing covers every night as they simply weren't doing the job.

We'll be using cloth again with the new baby but I'd like some better nappies, particularly for night time and long journeys. I was looking at these two and was wondering if they're as good as they say? Or can anyone recommend anything else?

https://www.lizziesrealnappies.co.uk/index.cfm/product/stretch-bamboozle-by-tots-bots-586

https://www.lizziesrealnappies.co.uk/index.cfm/product/new-bumgenius-elemental-one-size-nappy-412

The only thing that has worked for us for nights is a wool cover. You can use whatever fitted or flat you like underneath- I use a bamboo fleece fitted made for overnight.

We've used a couple of those and loved them-he is a really heavy wetter and out-pee'd everything else. We also use the bamboo little lambs with a variety of pul covers which work really well although I do find that they are quite bulky and sometimes struggle to get some trousers over them.

I was just raving about these hemp flats to a friend. Hemp babies bigger weeds flat diapers.
(there's one size, smaller weeds, and bigger weeds)

They are seriously awesome. My 9 month old has slept 12 hrs straight in them, no leaks. I don't know if she's considered a "heavy wetter", but she nurses constantly so I'd guess she is.

These aren't too thick and fit easily in every one of my pockets (lots of different brands). They also can be used with just a cover, obviously.
I just fold it in half twice, then fold it like 3 more times until it's the shape of an insert - it turns out to be about 6 layers and I could even add another on top for 12 - but I haven't had to yet, or I could put an insert in the middle, but again, haven't had to.
Most nights she's in it about 8 hours, no leaks ever.

I love it in my rumparooz pocket diaper. That is my go-to, favorite night time diaper, and there's plenty of room left if I needed to put another in (as she gets older)
Plus, it washes easily and dries so fast! A best buy for us!!

https://www.greenpathbaby.com/hemp-babies-flat-cloth-diapers-6-pack/
Here's a link to what I'm talking about.

I've only ever heard good things about the bamboozles but those others one look brilliant I would just get a mix of the two just a bare minimum stash until you have the baby then once you decide which you prefer get a few more.

Oh if it helps boots have tots bots reduced so you'll could get free store delivery plus points so it would work out a bit cheaper

Thanks I will have a look!

Have been looking at wool soakers and they look great, but aren't they incredibly hot, especially in summer?

Wool is much cooler in summer than a man made fabric. It breathes very well and also evaporates the urine which gives a fantastic cooling effect.

Wool is much cooler in summer than a man made fabric. It breathes very well and also evaporates the urine which gives a fantastic cooling effect.

Yep- what she said. They are probably the only diaper covers that don't trap heat. We live where it is very warm and LO is a hot kid and she's always been comfortable in wool.

We use the bamboozle fitted diapers with a couple of extra inserts inside and a PUL cover. Usually we use microfibre or bamboo for the extra inserts. The bamboozle alone will leak for DS2.

Our wool cover was great but now it leaks and it also got pretty discolored and gross with urine buildup. I've tried soaking/washing with baby soap and re-doing the lanolin treatment several times but it hasn't worked so I have to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

IMO nothing beats 2 bamboo terry squares folded together with a wool soaker or longies over the top for nights. Just can't be beaten , and dries quickly and is economical as well. Wool is just ace.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->