Nappy Bins and cassettes, please help?!

MrsCrad

TTC #2
Reaction score
Hi, this is going to be our first child and I have just starting looking at stuff to buy.

I keep coming across Tommee Tippee universal refill cassettes. I know I am going to sound so thick but could someone explain what they do as Im really not sure, all I can gather is that they go into a nappy bin?
Is this a better way of getting rid of nappies? and how does it work etc

Any advice would be welcome.

I have 2 nephews 5 and 9 and my sister just put the nappies into bags and then into the bin!

I got one of these with my first. Not Tommee Tippee but they're all the same thing, really. They wrap each dirty nappy and keep the smell from getting out, supposedly. Except they don't do a great job of it. And they're expensive. And the one I had wrapped each nappy individually, so when it was full, you had to take out this random snake of stinky old nappies, and the whole house was stunk up by the time you managed to wrestle it open and remove everything.

With my third I've gotten a simple pail with a lid. I put a bin bag in it. With the lid on, no smell gets out, and when it's full I can pull out and tie off the bag quickly an easily. And it cost me about £5.

Some people swear by those nappies bins, but personally I think they're a complete waste of money. I'd save my money for cute baby clothes and toys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->