Nappy Dilema

purpledahlia

Mummy
Reaction score
Going to a wedding on Friday, will be away from Fri morning, untill Sat evening, Im unsure about having her in fluff all the time and not being home, whether or not to have her in a disposable... i onyl have one wetbag which holds 2nappies, the other which holds 4 i want to return cos its the bad mini la la ones, so dont wanna use it..

Im worried if i put her in a disposable it will leak on her nice dress, (or mine!)
but then im worried about what to do with dirty ones cos i cant rinse them.. only times shes stayed overnight somewhere has been my mums, so i am able to rinse there, eeeekk.. what to do!!ideas!?

Why do you think a sposie would leak?
I hardly ever had leaky sposies, don't ever remember a leaky wet nappy, just a the odd very bad poo explosion that no cloth nappy would have held either - so long as they fit properly they will last twice as long, at least, to a cloth nappy.

I'd be worried about using disposable for the first time in ages in case the ones you choose don't suit her and leak. Could you use the wetbag you have and then transfer the nappies into a plastic bag like a shopping bag back in the room? You could double bag or triple bag to keep any smells in...

You should have said earlier, I'd have sent you my huge one to use!

Anytime shes in a disposable theres some kind of leak at some point, never had one with fluff! even horrible teething dirties.. maybe i dont have the right kind to suit her but i dont buy sposies regularly so im not sure what does suit?

Its not so much the smells cos they can be double bag'd like you say lu, its more if its dirty and i cant rinse, leaving it all in there till sat night... be a nightmare to get off. Im staying at my auntie's but she wont let me rinse poo down her shower :rofl: I got some nappy bags, urgh if only i could time the dirty's!!

If you have enough nappies to last the weekend - what about some large sealable food bags - seal them up and then chuck in a carrier bag.

I am thinking if the food bag is all sealed up then it shouldn't dry out

like the oens that kinda zipper closed?? where would have big ones? i dont have much time.. asda and tesco near me..

Yeh the zipper ones, or just the ones that press together to seal - Asda and Tesco would have them I am sure - or a Wilkinsons, anywhere like that would

will pop into asda tomorrow after babygroup, I dunno what wilkinsons is! I have like 8 disposables so might take them in the bag aswell just incase, will take the nappies i know wont leak! BB's and MLL's!

Put a disposable liner on them so you can flush the majority of the poo away.

i was gonna say a disposable liner or she can wear a disposable with a wrap over it to contain any poo

Can you not take your nappy pail? hats all i do when we go to stay anywhere then just sort them all out when i get home x

hmmm i dont own any 2 parter's, so no wraps, umm the thing with the nappy pail is were going in 1 car, so pram, travelcot, carseat, 4 people and all out overnight stuff, aswell as steriliser etc, so prob really dont have room for the nappy bucket plus its half full of nappies to be washed. I think ill try the zipper bag's and have a mix of both cloth and sposies, ill take disposable liners instead of fleece and hopefully it catches everything!

claire I never rinse my nappies? :wacko:

I use disposable liners and then use a babywipe to get the majority of poop off and put that in the nappy sack (just use sposie wipes and chuck the poop), so when im done there is a teeny amount of poo in the fabric, I then dry pail until next nappy wash so a poopy nappy can be in my pail for 3 days, and I NEVER get stains, if I soak/make the nappy wet and leave I get stains as I think the poo soaks into the fabric even more?

Take sposie liners and wipes off (little messier than rinsing but it leaves practically no poop in the nappy for me) and just bag it up til you get home?!

see i use fleece liners, and i rinse both and put vanish bar on, i NEED to rinse the fleece, i have some eco disposable liners that can flush down the loo so will take them instead, should be ok, I dont know how many nappies to take! Got 4 in her change bag, and 5 in the overnight bag/next day bag.. and she will have one on.. should be enough!? will get my mum to take some sposies from her house aswell. god babies need to much stuff for 1 night!! :wacko:

Only you know how many nappies Ava uses in a day, just take an extra 1 just in case.

I don't rinse my dirty nappies hun and I've stayed away and used 100% cloth too ;)

I also could've sent you my huuuuge wet bag!!
Carrier bags will do the trick and I'd take your nappy bucket (if you use one) to store them all in. Then just put them on a rinse cycle before you wash them :)

It's not difficult once you get into the swing of it. I stay at my mums every few weeks for a night or two and always use cloth xxxx

Oh yeah - I also sometimes use the Natures Babycare eco nappy bags and put one dirty nappy in and tie it up nice and tight and that tends to ward off any smells.

I doubt you'd need 'sposies at all?? And wouldn't your nappy bucket fit inside your pram or moses basket in the boot?? ;) xxxx

Nope i cant take the nappy bucket, no room in the car for extra things and it doesnt fit under pram and definatly cant take it to the wedding! Plus its got like 6 dirty nappies in it!

I think ive got it sorted, Got some bags and 2 wetbags which holds 6 nappies in total, im just taking them and my mum bringing a few sposies and will see how it goes, hopefully ok. Im not happy about not getting to rinse them, if you see her poo you'd know why i need too! But will see how it goes, i can see me needing to sun out a few stains next week! Dont like putting poo into the washing machine the way i do it normally works perfect. Wish me luck!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->