Nappy Pailing!

ClaireLR

Mommy to baby Lucy!
Reaction score
Hi Girls

I just wondered how/where you all keep your nappies that are waiting to be washed?

Also, bit of a gruesome question (sorry), but if the nappy/insert is wet do you wring it out before putting it into the bucket or not??!! Does anyone use nappy soak anymore? Just wondering if wet soaking would be best to remove stains rather than dry pailing? And what's best for keeping smells away :dohh:

I stick a pantyliner :)haha:) to the lid and dab tea tree oil on it every once in a while. It is a nice smell and is antiseptic. I drop a few drops in the botton of the pail in the bathroom as thats where the poo nappies are.

It's not good to wet pail them as it can affect the elastic and PUL.

I have a bin in the bedroom by the changing table for the wee nappies and a smaller pale in the bathroom. I rinse the poo down the drain with the shower head and of course wring those out as I just soaked them with the shower :haha: and put them in that bin, it saves me running around with a sopping nappy! I am not sure the rinsing with shower head will work after he is weaned as I am sure he will get more solid poo so I will just use fleece liners and knock that poo in the loo (i dont bother with liners anymore at the moment as the breastfed runny poos dont stay on the liner anyway! lol)The nappies that have been just wee'd in shouldnt be wet enough to wring them, if they are, you arent changing them often enough :shock:

I have a bin in the bathroom. I shake solids in the toilet or flush the nappy to get them off, maybe rinse in the sink (unless I remembered to use a flushable liner, then I just toss that in the toilet). Then, or if just wet, I remove the insert and toss both bits in the bucket. Reusable wipes also get solids washed off in the sink then in the pail too. I also keep a container of baking soda near and sprinkle that in every so often. Laundry gets done every 2 days right now regardless (we have 30 and go through about 10 per day or so). Generally if things are getting smelly it's time to do laundry anyhow.
I wash in napisan so not much staining.

also, any staining, just put ot in the sun and the sun will bleach the stain out but NOT affect the colour! Guaranteed!

I have this 25 litre bin: https://www.amazon.co.uk/storage-bu..._1_15?ie=UTF8&s=garden&qid=1281780032&sr=8-15 but in purple. It keeps the smells in PERFECTLY.

I dry pail, and I don't wring out wet nappies, but do I rinse/vanish bar pooey fleece liners or nappies out straight away first before I put them in the bucket. I throw nappies in as they are, and then stick on a pair of gloves and take all the bits apart i.e inserts out etc when I put them in the washing machine.

Oh and I stick a sanny towel on the lid with tea tree oil on it, keeps it all smelling fresh :D

Generally I dry-pail after rinsing pooey nappies and liners in the loo (pre-weaning I rinsed in the bath with the shower head). I normally put wet nappies straight in but last week I did soak 2 microfibre inserts, which were really wet and smelly, just because I'd only just put a load of nappies in the washing machine and it was going to be another 2 days in the bucket for them. I just soaked them in a bucket of plain water, then wrung them out. I figured there was no PUL or elastic so they'd be fine. :)

I bought a cheap bucket with a lid (think it was 3 quid :thumbup:) and I dry pail all my nappies. If it's a messy poo, it gets the shower head treatment, then wrung out. I dont bother wringing out the ones that are wet from wee. I wash every third day, sometimes second, depending on how many poos she's had :haha: and I have 2 panty liners stuck on the underside of the nappy bin lid which I sprinkle a few drops of Spuggies Final Solution onto. Keeps the bin smelling sweet and I just top up the smell every few days :thumbup:

I am one of the few who wet pails. I dry pail wet nappies and have a separate pail for wet pailing the dirty ones. I do this because I prefer to wash at 30 degrees so I like to add an extra germ busting step in - I soak the dirty nappies in Napisan. I've found that this means I get no stains whereas I did before I started wet pailing. Most of my nappies are Flips or AI2s so I rarely wet pail anything with PUL or elastic as only the inserts tend to get dirty. The outers go in the dry pail.

I don't like using a panty liner stuck to the bucket cos it feels like a waste of plastic to me. Instead, I use a nappy mesh in the buckets so I just put a few drops of tea tree on the mesh right at the top, just where the lid goes on.

Thanks ladies! Will be investing in a bucket for dry pailing :) think the only thing I am worried about is being out and about with a poo-ey nappy, what do you all do? Sort it there and then if you can or just put it into your bag and deal with it when you get home?

I dry pail, just have the one bucket in the bathroom. Her wee started smelling really strongly of ammonia a few months ago so can't go in another room - it's fine when the lid is closed but could knock you out sometimes when it's opened! :sick: I have tried putting a few drops of tea tree oil periodically into the bucket but it doesn't help so may end up using the panty liner trick.

Poos I knock down the loo and blast anything remaining with the showerhead down the toilet and wring out. If we're out and about, I try to get as much down the toilet as possible (if there is one) otherwise I just deal with it when I get home.

i had that problem in the harvester last week... i got as much of it in the loo as possible, wrapped it up (poor choc itti!) and stuck it in a nappy sack then the wetbag - nothing much else i could have done! Showered it off when i got in, vanished it, left over night then washed - NO stains :dance: was the biggest poo ever, major explosion. I was quite satisfied with myself for coping AND managing to eat my dinner :rofl:

and i dry pail... except our bucket is non existant, as i do wash loads everyday. they just sit in the wetbag in the wash basket, waiting to be washed the next morning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->