nappy rash creams?

princess_bump

Happy Wife & Mumma!
Reaction score
maddi's bum has been very so slightly red, and i'm using Bepanthen - and i'm pretty sure it's from her 8th tooth just popping - but i was just wondering what you ladies use for any nappy rash?

and in particular if you use cloth what do you use for bum rash?

thank you :D

Generally with the cloth diapers you don't get any rashes. :) Poor little girl! As if having your mouth hurt isn't bad enough, but a rash has to poke in there too! :hugs:

If you are going to use a cream, make sure you use a liner. Not sure for all brands, but I know with the ones that they sell at the boutique here that you can't use any creams at all on the diaper, it will mess with the absorbency (same reasons as why you have to have additive free/enzyme free soap to wash the cloth diapers).

You can get the liners pretty cheap just about anywhere, I think. I use the Motherease (mothercare? Can't remember... :dohh: ) and they work fantastic!

chamomile tea...cooled obviously :thumbup: if you are using cream make sure you use a liner on cloth

:hugs:

sara

xxxxxx

awww thank you ladies! that is just what i thought tyff - bless her - she gets a tooth and her bum bum hurts :( every time :(
sara - oh chamomile tea - i never knew that, thank you :)
will def get some liners then, thanks guys :D xx

I would stock up on natural ie safe cocoa butter(pure and natural form of course:) or coconut oil with a drop or 2 of lavender / camomile essential oil!

The one time Alice has had a red bum I used lansinoh on it and it was gone overnight. Supposedly thats' ok for cloth diapers. I found a thread on a cloth diaper forum all about rash creams but I can't post a link on here. PM me if you want the link.

I forgot to mention, if she does have a rash we use Sudocrem. :)

I was told to never use a cream that doesn't rub in with cloth :) A more natural try is silk liners and/or wool wraps as they are ALOT more breathable :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->