nappy rash

cheeseface

sams mum
Reaction score
hello ladies
ive been using cloth for a few months now but sam is constantly getting a rash from them.
am i washing them wrong?i wash at 40 degrees.
i tried a lot of different brands fairy,surf,persil all different types powder and tablets nothing seems to help.

thanks!:flower:

Has the rash come up straight away or has it developed recently? You may need to strip you nappies as afterwhile they tend to get washing powder buildup which can affect absorbancy and also give bubs a rash. There are a few different ways to strip but the way I do it is to wash on hot with a full scoop of detergent then rinse and rinse and rinse until there are no bubbles left. You need to do this regularly, once every month or so. Hope this is all it is. :)

Also, do you use fleece liners? They made a huge difference to Alice and she always feels dry even in the morning.

Darwin had a terrible nappy rash that nothing would shift - strip washing/changing detergent etc and in the end we put it down to teething wee. It cleared up in the end and then 2 teeth popped up.

strip washing, cloth wipes and a bath everyday (newest addition, and if i cant do a bath, he is handed to me in the shower for a clean) is the only thing that works for us, until recent the rash was constant! also i was usingf too much detergent :dohh:

Aloe vera gel is great at a cleanser to use with the cloth wipes - after cleaning you can rub some more into the sore areas - works a treat xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->