Nappy Sizing

L

lepaskilf

I know different brands make slightly different sizes but I was wondering what sizes people use for their Little Ones at different stages.

I'm generally looking at the swaddlebees, blueberries and the mothercare smart nappies.

I'm in the process of buying a few different makes in the newborn, usually up to 10lbs. and I've bought a couple of smalls usually up to 15lbs.

How loong do average sized newborns stay in newborn nappies? when do they move on to small etc?

It'd be helpful for my british brain if the sizings were in lbs please!!!!!!! xxxxxx

I can't talk from experience yet but I've gone for mostly Smart Nappies. I read that babies don't need the newborn size for very long, so I've only bought smalls, which can be used from 6lbs. If baby is smaller than that, I'll just get some eco disposables until she's big enough.

thanks xx I've bought some smart nappies too in both newborn and small, will you let me know how you get on - when the time comes :)

I think I wouldn't buy too many newborn, more in small. But swaddlebees do run pretty small because they are so trim, Hayden outgrew mediums at like 5mo? Where he is 22mo now and still in a small fuzzi bunz

Ooh thanks mommyof3, I'v been considering buying swaddlebees over the net and were one of the ones that confused me with the sizing x

Jack was in newborn Bambino Mios for a few weeks then moved up to small - the small were too big at first, we had leaks, so went out and bought newborn. He was 8lb 7 at birth.

His Smart Nappy was small outer with small/medium pads. It was getting snug when I stopped using it at about 10 weeks at which point he was about 12lbs.

I used prefolds at first until the smalls fit because it just didn't seem worth it to spend that much on ones she would outgrow in a few weeks. 24 prefolds cost me about what 2 or 3 of any other type would cost.

I think I wouldn't buy too many newborn, more in small. But swaddlebees do run pretty small because they are so trim, Hayden outgrew mediums at like 5mo? Where he is 22mo now and still in a small fuzzi bunz

Do you happen to have a pic of your man in a small FB? My 5month old is wearding a medium (I knew it would be on the large size, but didn't want to have to pay for next size up later!), and it's definatly high in the rise, but no leaks, and now I'm actually closing it one snap size bigger cause he's thick in the waist! I'm just wondering if the only reason it's working for me is because I'm using a hemp trifold as an insert. Haven't tried anything else as that's what I've got here. But I'm wondering if maybe I shouldn't hunt down a trade and go down a size for half my stash?

The only other diapers I'm using are the med disco'd SnapEZ AIO fleece, and medium microdoodlez. They definatly fit smaller in the rise, which I prefer.

Do you happen to have a pic of your man in a small FB? My 5month old is wearding a medium (I knew it would be on the large size, but didn't want to have to pay for next size up later!), and it's definatly high in the rise, but no leaks, and now I'm actually closing it one snap size bigger cause he's thick in the waist! I'm just wondering if the only reason it's working for me is because I'm using a hemp trifold as an insert. Haven't tried anything else as that's what I've got here. But I'm wondering if maybe I shouldn't hunt down a trade and go down a size for half my stash?

The only other diapers I'm using are the med disco'd SnapEZ AIO fleece, and medium microdoodlez. They definatly fit smaller in the rise, which I prefer.

Yeah I'll make another thread showing the difference in size in them

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->