Nappy washing advice please.

redpoppy

Reaction score
Links will do as I'm sure iits ben asked a billion times. My nappies arrive tomorrow :happydance::happydance::happydance: and wanted to know how many times i need to prewash them and then how to make sure I wash them well afterwards so that they don't end up smelly or stained and what the pros and cons of prewashing are.

And is it best to rinse the top layer/booster/insert/liner thing. :blush:

SO yeah, I still dont' have a clue.
:thumbup:

Thanks!
:flower:

I think you're supposed to pre wash at least once, but some materials need more before they are fully absorbent. I just do one (if I can wait that long!) and just change a little more often until they work properly.

I use ecoballs and a little bit of Ecover laundry bleach to wash mine, as then there's no danger of detergent build up, and it's much cheaper as well in the long run! I wash on 40º and about once a fortnight do a 60º wash

THANKS!!!!
:happydance:

what is the deal with detergent build up? Is it bad for the nappy, bad for baby or both?

And is it safe to wash the nappies at 60?

Detergent buildup can stop nappies being their most absorbant and eventually cause them to leak.
I do my nappies at 60 every wash :)

NAPPIES JUST ARRIVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHOOP!

:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

Am I officialy insane if I get excited about nappies? :wacko::blush:

Have to prewash. :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Do I have to prewash in the washing maching or can I let them soak in a bucket first? Does prewashing at 60 make it more absorbent? :blush:
:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

Then throw everything in the washing machine with 1/4 cap of detergent on 40 for one wash then do an extra rinse cycle, dry and use :) Mircofibre doesnt need prewashing as such.

Then throw everything in the washing machine with 1/4 cap of detergent on 40 for one wash then do an extra rinse cycle, dry and use :) Mircofibre doesnt need prewashing as such.

And what about my tots bots bamboozle? :shock: is 3 to 6 washes right!?!? :wacko:

You might be able to do a 12 hour bucket soak with those?

bamboozles are bamboo, soak those overnight. Anything thats hemp/bamboo/cotton soak and then wash.

bamboozles are bamboo, soak those overnight. Anything thats hemp/bamboo/cotton soak and then wash.

so just wash once with a tiny bit of detergent after an overnight soak?

and can i hand wash or does it need to be in the wash?

you can hand wash but it would take forever to dry without a washing machine spin.

So I could soak it (bamboozle) overnight and wash with the rest of them with a little detergent tomorrow in the washing machine?

Sorry for the baby step questions. :haha: Just want to make sure I do everything right. :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->