Natural 3rd stage

M

masi

Has anyone had, or is going to have a natural third stage of labour. I've always had the injection to deliver the placenta in the past, but was wondering what it's like to deliver it naturallyO:)

ive never even thought of that, both times ive had the injection and the mw just pulled it out.:rofl:

Im thinking of having a natural third stage this time around. Both previous times I have had the injection. With my daughter (second child) I retained part of the placenta and lost a lot of blood (had to got and have it manually removed) I cant be sure it was due to the jab ie 3rd stage being rushed, but I am def going to ask about it. I could feel the Mw pulling at it too! (not nice)

hmmm i have never heard of this injection. with me they said give one more push but i dont really remember even pushing it just kind of came out. i didnt see it but my husband said it looked like a jelly fish!

They often give you the injection without you realising just as the baby is being born. If you don't say you don't want it, they presume that you do, and give it anyway.

I was going to have the injection... just to get it out quicker cos it seems kinda creapy :( not sure why but think cos i've watched the horses walk around with it hanging out of them and looks nasty and they get pissed off. Ha ha ha!!

I don't think i'd like to walk round with it hanging out. I might get pissed off with that too:rofl:

I expect to deliver it naturally. It's a but complicated as I am planning a water birth and you can't have the injection in the pool so I'd need to get out to deliver it. I don't see any reason not to just hang on and wait unless it is really delayed in coming out.

I don't think I had an injection. The delivery of the placenta came very quickly after Hannah's birth, and tbh after what I went through to get her out, that was the easy part.

The injection decreases the risk of post-partum haemorrhage by 60% so I'm having it. There's no harm in waiting 10-15mins for it to appear on its own though

Does the injection mean that they have to clamp the umbilical cord sooner? I don't think I want it, I read it can get stuck in there if it doesn't come away soon enough as your womb contracts quickly so you have to wait for things to relax a bit to get it out?

x

Thank you for starting this thread Masi!!

I hadn't given this much thought to be honest!! My thinking process stops once I imagine holding my LO :)

Am I right to assume that an injection is when they have to use oxytocin to speed up the delivery of the placenta? They had to with me, as it was not coming out-it took longer to deliver my placenta than Alexa! Alexa was 26 minutes of pushing and placenta took 2 hours!! They were afraid I might hemmohage (sp?) I was too happy with holding Alexa to even care about what was going on down there :rofl:

I think i might still have the injection, but i want them to wait for the cord to stop pulsating before they clamp it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->