'Natural' air fresheners?

Munchkin30

1 DD,2 losses, Pregnant!!
Reaction score
Hey all,
We love in the country and have a septic tank so there are generally some subtle smells around our house but I'm pregnant and every little smell is turning my stomach, cooking smells, my tortoise (who doesn't even smell!) garden smells field smells etc. I certainly don't want to use any chemical air fresheners but I really need some natural air fresheners around the house. Anybody got any ideas??

Xxx

There are some nice sounding ideas her - https://www.trueactivist.com/making-your-own-natural-air-freshener-and-oil-diffuser/

I got an essential oil air diffuser for Mother's Day this year & I love it! Highly recommend, it will definitely help :)

I always worry what oils are safe in pregnancy. Ive got an essential oil evaporator which I used to use but I'm too paranoid!!

I think the "earth friendly" brand makes a natural air freshener spray.

I put a few drops of pure lavender essential oil in a spray bottle filled with water and mist it over bedding/sheets to freshen them up... I love it so much that I usually end up spraying practically the whole house! It doesn't get everything wet -- just a few sprays does the trick. When I've really wanted the house to smell great, I've used a trick that I heard somewhere Williams-Sonoma uses in their stores (not sure if that's true, but I like it anyway): you simmer 2 cups of water on the stove with a teaspoon of vanilla, sprig of rosemary and half a lemon. Smells amazing. I've done the same method with whatever I have on hand -- cinnamon stick, orange peel and clove is nice in the fall.

I make my own spray in an old spray bottle - boiled water and about a dozen drops of lavender oil. Just shake the bottle and spray. Works a treat

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->