Natural all the way

scatterpatch

Reaction score
Heya girls im a babywearing cloth nappying mummy who just yesterday found out shes expecting her second little munchkin and starting to think ahead about homebirth, Im r negative does anyone know how this will affect a home birth ?
Any good or bad homebirth stories greatly appreciated :)

If you have RH neg you can get the winro shot... However, im not sure how that would affect your actual birth because they have to test the baby upon birth and give the shot again accordingly.

I 'think' that so long as you have the jag within 72hours then homebirth is fine...though i guess it prob depends on your MWs etc :shrug:

I'm RH neg and my MW was aware of this when I told her I was thinking of having a homebirth, and she didnt try and talk me out of it or tell me of any possible dangers, so they may plan ahead for that if they know that you have RH neg blood. :shrug:
Best to discuss it with your MW at your first appointment :)

Congrats btw :hugs:

Heya girls im a babywearing cloth nappying mummy who just yesterday found out shes expecting her second little munchkin and starting to think ahead about homebirth, Im r negative does anyone know how this will affect a home birth ?
Any good or bad homebirth stories greatly appreciated :)

Congratulations :)

I don't know anything about being r neg but talk to your MW about it.

My home birth story doesn't end as I would have liked I'm afraid, but that has nothing to do with the fact that I planned a home birth, in fact, if I hadn't then things might have been even worse! At least I got 22 hours of wonderful labour at home before being transferred. I am pretty sure now, having had my notes and gone over them that a natural birth at home would have happened if a more experienced MW had attended me on the day.

Next time we'll be hiring an IM, I want to avoid the NHS like the plague as I feel they seriously let me down this time and I cannot trust them to give me the space and support I would need for an HBAC.

Hi scatterpatch. I've had two home births, both wonderful. DD1 I changed my mind quite late in pregnancy, 32 weeks. CMW was really pleased and put everything in place for us. I had no problems with the NHS, thankfully, though I realise this is rare. The only thing was that MW booked a consultant appointment for me for 41 weeks, as a matter of protocol. I rang to cancel, was told I couldn't cancel :saywhat: so I said "You can either cancel the appointment or waste the consultant's time when I don't turn up." No idea whether this did the trick or not as I simply ended the call and didn't go.

I went into labour at 41+2 and had a 3 day labour with the MWs only being called on day 3, by which point I was 6cms (obviously a looooong latent phase!) and DD1 was born a few hours later in the birth pool, delivered by the MW. It was an incredible experience and completely exhausting! The length only confirmed my choice to stay at home, if I had been booked into the hospital I would have had a c/s for FTP.

DD2 I planned a HB from the start. I had the same CMW who was again totally supportive. I didn't see a consultant at all that pregnancy and took natal hypnotherapy classes. I went into labour at 40+4, woke up with waters breaking as I got out of bed! Contractions started about 3 hours later. I laboured on the bed and was in a really deep hypno-trance. I assumed it was going to take a while, what with my first labour being so long.

After a couple of hours the contractions were 3 in 10 and DH went and got the pool ready and rang the MW. He encouraged me to get in the pool and brought me some toast. I think he must have been able to recognise something about the way I was labouring that told him I was closer than I thought! The MW arrived and was not happy that I had got into the pool without her "permission". DH took her aside and gently told her that we did not need her permission to do anything!

An hour and a half later I was giving birth to DD2, with DD1 toddling around quietly! I received her myself, with DH sat by the pool with me and MW sat awkwardly on the other side of the room lol! She dashed over, not having realised I was pushing but DH gently stopped her rushing in while I put Willow to my breast. I stayed in the pool to deliver the placenta and then we asked the MW to clamp and cut the cord.

The whole thing was under 7 hours and as we moved ourselves to our bed the MW tidied up and brought us tea and toast. The second MW was never called and before the first one left she actually thanked us for letting her witness such a beautiful birth :cloud9:

This time we are going for an unassisted home birth. We didn't really need the MW last time so we figure why not go it completely alone unless there is a problem of course.

Congratulations on your pregnancy!

I'm RH- aswell. My Midwife knows this and says I'll get the Rhogam shot at 28 weeks just like I did with my son, and then the blood will be tested after babe is born, and if I need the shot again, I'll receive it at that time. My son was also born RH- and I think with my DH's blood type, it would be rare for us to have a + baby. So you could have your DH tested aswell.

Yes, babywearing, breastfeeding, cloth diapers and the like are the wat to go!

Has anyone read 'Primal Mothering in a modern world' as I thoroughly reccommend it(loved it:)!

Another good publication I loved is the lovely book 'Baby Wisdom' by Deborah Jackson:)

I'm much looking forward to reading the continum concept soon too!

Inspirational resources indeed!!!

xoxoxox

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"