Natural labor preps: Raspberry leaf tea, evening primrose, etc.

ready4lullaby

Mama to Anne
Reaction score
Hey all! I'm getting close to the end and I'd like to hear different suggestions on natural ways you (or maybe you've heard of people) have prepared for labor. If you've used different things in the past, maybe you could share your experience with it as well.

Examples would be:

Raspberry leaf tea
Evening primrose
Exercises
Etc

Keep in mind, I'm not looking for things to help me start labor. I just want to know of good ways to prepare, as I'm only about 34-35 weeks.

Thanks!

Hi ya :hi:

I had RLT with my first pregnancy and think it helped a little so im using it again this pregnancy. I started having one cup a day at 32 weeks so it has plenty more of time to get in my system (was little late taking it last time), im now on 3-4 cups a day. I am also trying EPO this time round, from what I found out, it helps soften your cervix/make it more favourable - it doesnt actually start labour. They recommend taking one tablet starting at 36 weeks. I started on it this morning so will have to wait and see what/if it does anything :shrug:.

Aa for exercises, I generally just walk when I can. I live in a quaint village so me and husband generally go for a slow walk around the village with DD. If I start cramping, I stop and have a breather.

Nearer to the due date im hoping to start up sex again - totally not in the mood atm but will try and make an effort! :haha: xx

I've also started EPO this morning. I'm taking 900mg orally, and I'm going to pop 600mg up by my cervix at bedtime. I'll also be using the oil for perineal massage. I did this last time, but still went ten days overdue! Still, it can't hurt to try!

RLT won't put you into labour, though it can lead to an increase in false labour contractions. The point of using RLT is to tone your uterus to make your contractions more effective and, hopefully, make labour shorter. I used rlt in my first pregnancy and had a four hour labour, and delivered my 9lb 10oz DD with just three pushes! You need to build up the RLT over a few weeks, so you might want to start now.

I'm drinking 2-4 cups of raspberry leaf tea this time, started at maybe 32-33 weeks. Though at the beginning it was just a third tri tea with some raspberry leaf tea in it then I switched to pure RLT a week or two later.

I try to bounce and do figure rights on my exercise ball sometimes but haven't been doing them as much. Figure eights are much easier on my back than bouncing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->