natural teething relief

Tacey

Reaction score
I think Alice is teething as she's been really unhappy for a few days now. She's chewing her fingers and dribbling rivers. I've tried giving her cool teething rings, but when she's screaming there's no chance of her biting on anything. I know lots of people use teething gel, but is there a more natural option? I've used oil of cloves for adult toothache, but I'm not sure if you can use it for babies. Any advice?

i gave zane cucumber for teething pain as it was cool so it soothed his gums but he was beign weaned at the time so hed eat it aswel.

also u cud use something like a ice pop

there are amber teething necklaces, and some chemists sell herbal teething powders.

I've heard people mention the amber necklaces on here. How do they work? Where can I get one from?

I got mine from here: https://bums-n-roses.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=3_78_80

They work by releasing oils into the skin which are naturally pain relieving. Babies can wear them 24/7, they are very safe.

You can use homeopathic remedies like Chamomilla or can buy teething powders (like Nelsons Teetha) which are the same thing.

You can also use a cold flannel to chew on, or Freya's favourite, a very cold rubber duck :rofl:

Ilike the very cold rubber duck idea! How on earth did you find that out?!

I think I might give the necklace a whirl. They look cute too!

Thanks for the advice.

Lol, she has rubber ducks that she plays with in the bath, she loves chewing on them so one day I put one in the fridge and she wouldn't let me take it off her, she loved it! Have to be the softer kind though, my mum has some harder ones that she doesn't like as much, lol.

We use the Ashtons & Parsons teething powders. Not sure if they work to be honest but she doesn't tend to like any of the teething rings etc. She does like chewing her Sophie the Giraffe, not sure if that's because of teething or just because she eats everything going! :lol:

I also highly recommend Chamomilla; worked wonders with my kids :D

I sell the necklaces too. Just got some bracelets in aswell actually but they not up yet. We also used ashtons and parsons, you can get them from boots and supermarkets as previously mentioned :thumbup:

I have a amber necklace and nelsons teething powder which works wonders.

Camilia..... it is DIVINE!! A company called Boiron makes it, not sure if it is available there as I believe it's Canadian.

Works a treat with Elyse... I don't like teething gel, we've tried it (and when I say WE I mean we lol as I "test" the taste etc of whatever I give her) and it's not for us... Camilia gets us through 90% of the time, when the pain is severe, I offer her Infant Motrin (not that Motrin is "natural" lol but I have gone to that).

Other things we do.. I crush ice for her, freeze damp face cloths, cucumber wedges, lots of yogurt as it's cool on the gums..

Hiya,
I use Chamomila and buy the Weleda brand of it. You can get either drops (if LO is over 6 months) or these granules which are better if you're out and about as you have to put the drops in water. I find they calm LO down and she is not crying so much or moaning but not sure if they get rid of any pain.
I also got a necklace after reading about them on this site but not really sure how much it helps! Sometimes she seems to calm down a bit but when it gets really bad and LO has a temperature etc, I resort to Calpol or Nurofen as they seem to be the only things that work then. I guess it's a mix and match depending on how severe the teething is!
Hope this helps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->