Natural ways to induce labor?

courtney89

Reaction score
I am 37 weeks pregnant and have been in "slow labor" since 34 weeks. I'm 2cm dilated with a thin soft cervix. It's gotten to the point where at least twice a week I have contractions 3-5 min apart for 5-6 hours straight then they stop. The rest of the time I have at least 6 contractions an hour all day every day. My OBGYN will not induce me till I'm 39 weeks. I'm in so much physical pain I can barely stand without cringing. I can't empty my bladder all at once it takes several tries. My hips and back constantly hurt. And when I pee I get this pop sensation vaginally every time. Are there any ways to naturally induce labor that actually work?!?! I'm desperate here.

These are the things I tried when I was waiting for my daughter:
Raspberry leaf tea
Lots of pineapple
Hot curry
Waling sideways up and down the stairs a lot of times
Oil of evening primrose

I don't think any of them worked tbh but they could all be worth a try!
I stopped short of DTD with DH though - that's meant to work but I couldn't face it :haha:

There's lots of methods but they'll only work if your body is ready.

Give the ones above a try. :)

How are you pregnant here and not on your other threads??? Very confused.

With my daughter I bought a cheap yoga/exercise ball at walmart for like $15 and would sit on it an hour every night bouncing and doing hip circles. Also lots of walking!

My MW won't induce until 42 weeks. I'm 40 + 1 today and feeling so frustrated. I just want to meet my baby.

As uncomfortable as you may be. Doctors wait to induce for a reason because it is what is best for the baby.

I'm right here with ya girl! Having symptoms of prolonged early labor, and it keeps going and going. NOPE, not BH. I'm typing this from my pilates ball, sipping red raspberry leaf tea, eating black licorice candy, DTD this AM, and there is a really decent snow storm going on at the moment. FXD

I know how you feel. Do your best to rest, stay well fed, and well hydrated. Sending you my best!

Gah I feel your pain. I have barely gotten out of bed in 3 days :dohh: My doc is inducing me at 38 weeks though as long as everything looks good. My neighbor swears by castor oil but I'm too scared to try it and i haven't had a chance to ask my doctor about it. She said she went into labor 6 hours after she took it with her first and 12 hours after with her second. But I personally wouldn't take it until I consulted with a medical professional.

All I have to say is DO NOT try castor oil!!!! I tried it last time around.... Worst experience of my life, it made me sooooo so sick, non stop direah for 24 hrs and vomiting in between... And NO labor ..... Aweful .... Im experiencing the same as you though .... Just trying to keep busy, drinking lots of raspberry leaf tea ( supposed to make contractions more effective and speed up active labor once your in it , but doesn't actually induce , I'm also sitting/bouncing on the giant ball whenever I have the chance ....

I'm with you on the prodromal labour. It's uncomfortable for sure, I had to deal with it for over 3 weeks last time and it's shaping up to be the same this time. However, nothing you can do will induce you if your body isn't truly ready. And you do NOT want to have a medical induction if you don't have to. It's doing good things for your cervix and you might have a faster labour when it happens.

How are you pregnant here and not on your other threads??? Very confused.

:dohh: old posts from over a year ago...I don't see how this helps the OP..

To OP, I have tried the following:-
yoga ball bouncing
Squatting up the stairs
Sex
Curry
Nipple stimulation
walking

Not really brought labour on so got a sweep tomorrow. Apparently nothing will work if your body isn't ready but worth a try. Good luck xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->