Naughty?

• Thread starter Always&4ever
  • Start date
A

Always&4ever

Jasmine is going through a biting stage and if I tell her no, she sticks her tongue out at me, any advice on how to stop this?

When I was a baby my mum bit me back. Obviously not hard but it was enough to put me off doing it again in a hurry lol xXx

My mom made my little brother bite into a slice of lemon :lol: It worked really well!

Put her down and withdraw attention for a few seconds after saying no very firmly

I cant remember who said they did it to their child... I suspect my grandmother was telling me that she did it to one or my aunts/uncles... when they bit she'd put their own hand in their own mouth and make them bite themselves!!! I wouldn't do it, but its an interesting approach!

I would put my hand up and very firmly say "stop" if she pokes her tounge out or does anything cheeky, pick her up and put her down firmly on her bottom away from you and say "stop" again. Come back to her after a few minutes and tell her to apologise and then have hugs.

If she keeps biting, then no warning, pick her up, put her down in a corner of the room facing away from you, still in sight so you know she hasn't crawled away... then once she's calm and you think its been long enough, go explain why your upset and then have hugs.

Try to us positive language, as in, avoid saying "dont bite" as little tots dont understand the 'dont' all they hear is 'bite'.. so it gets very confusing. I'm not sure how to word that one though! Something like "keep your teeth to yourself" and tell her that it hurts mummy. Ultimately your verbal communication means practically nothing, its all in your non-verbal response, so be very aware of your body language, tell her with your body language, tone and facial expressions that biting is absolutely not on.

Also, I've seen it so many times, the child does something wrong and then they do something adorable or cheeky (like tongue out) and the mummy chuckles and says "oh you naughty thing" or something to that effect... and... over time.. it becomes less and less cute and suddenly your angry at them and they have no idea why! Not saying thas whats happened, its just something to be aware of... no matter how cute she is, dont smile, stay firm.

MOST children just grow out of biting, but SOME children keep doing it to get a reaction, because sometimes any attention is good attention - so the less drama around the event, the better.

think id bite him back if no doesnt work the lemon one wud pob work but i cant imagine making him doit lol
plus thy wud grow up hating lemons x

Bethanie loves lemons so that wouldn't work for us. I laugh (naughty me) but she only nibbles me when we're playing.

If she bit me properly, id tell her it hurt and put her down so she got the message.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->