Nausea and dry heaving 31 weeks, help!

Natz1792

Reaction score
Hi all! This is my first time on any forum..I need help and any advice! I am 31 weeks pregnant. Last Saturday, I had a bad case of indigestion after eating pizza at night and going straight to bed not long afterwards. I woke up the next day feeling sick and didn't feel better until I threw up the pizza. I was fine for the rest of the day and the day after. Out of no where I began feeling nauseated every single day, hindering my appetite a lot. It is now Friday and last night, Ifelt so nauseous/bloated that I started dry heaving (no actual vomit just air). I felt a little better after I heaved up a big burp. I don't know how to burp naturally so I feel that it'll build up all day until I can't take it anymore. But today I have started dry heaving randomly about 4-5x and still no vomit. Is this normal? Will it fade?? I'm worried for my baby that he's not getting proper nutrition. Any advice helps! Thanks in advance!!

Side note: this is the first time during my entire pregnancy that I'm having any nausea/dry heaving problems

I also got very nauseous at around 30 weeks. In my case though, i've had really bad nausea and vomitting since week 7. It subsided a little after about 20 weeks, only to return with a vengence at 30 weeks. My nausea in the third tri is different though. First i have no food aversions and i am not bothered by smells or disgusted by anything. Really my appetite is almost normal, only i feel very sick AFTER eating. In the earlier days eating actually helped with the nausea. My theory is that this 3rd tri nausea is mostly caused by the stomach being compressed, and not so much by hormones. After a while the baby drops and this alleviates the symptoms, or maybe the stomach just gets used to being compressed. I just know that my 3rd tri nausea was at its worse between 30 and 32 weeks. Now at almost 37 weeks i still feel nauseous everyday, but it isn't bad enough to interfere with my daily activities. Anyway the only thing i can recommend is to eat small portions, not drink too much with your meals and give yourself time to digest your food before going to bed. If you do eat before bed, sleeping on your right side will help since the stomach empties from left to right.

As far as nutrition for your baby, if you're gaining enough weight you don't have to worry. If you aren't gaining, then ask your doctor and be sure to take your vitamines. In my case i've somehow managed to gain 50 pounds despite feeling sick for the past 30 weeks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->