Nausea from Prenatal vitamins?

anglerswife

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

I am wondering if anyone has ever experienced nausea from prenatal vitamins. I have been taking them for months as we have been NTNP, and for the last 4-5 days have been having waves of nausea, seems to be when I am hungry or jsut after eating. This morning I had sudden onset of severe nausea- I had to lie down and take deep breaths to avoid being sick to my stomach. I was able to eat some breakfast and have been fine for the rest of the day. Of course I took a hpt right after this but it showed negative (have taken a few others this past week too b/c of the lightness of my periods). I have had 2 very light and very short periods since coming of BCP in November, the last one was around January 1st, so I don't really think I could be preggo, but don't have any other symptoms of a stomach bug, etc.

Has anyone else had a similar situation? The strange thing is I have been taking the same vitamins at the same time for the last few months and haven't had these symptoms...

Regular multi vitamins will do that too. I am taking prenatals as well as we have just decided that we are TTC officially (Yea!!) and yes, I get the same thing if I take them before I eat. The doctor at work said its from the surge of minerals in the stomach. Some of them need to have a food buffer so they dont irritate the stomach. But... Having said that, it is possible that yours is from something else ;) Good luck!

Thx medic... seems strange that it would have happened suddenly today and not in the past. We will see what happens tomorrow AM!

Prenatals make me feel sick unless I take them before bed (so that I'm sleeping when any bad side effects occur). I was told it was the iron in some of them that upsets your stomach.

I thought it was just me! I thought I was going to be sick after mine today

I feel nauseous after taking them if I don't eat first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->