NCT homebirth group

L

Luke's_mummy

anyone been? was thinking of contacting my local one, wondered if anyone had any experiences? xx:flower:

I went to my local one, it was worth going along to. Really informal, in someone's living room, it was more of a discussion that let itself wander along. A mix of people including two who'd had their homebirth recently (and a very cute 6 week old), first/second/third pregnancies, VBACs, a couple of trainee doulas were there... if it's a very busy group then I imagine there would be more structure to it so maybe worth asking the organiser how many usually attend. Oh and if you're taking your partner, ask how many men usually go - my OH was promised (by me!) there would be other men there, and there was one, but don't think he felt very comfortable being outnumbered 10 women to 2 men and all the intimate talk that goes along with that :)

What it was most useful for was to find out what the local midwives are like with regard to home birth and the best people to speak to if you're having difficulty booking one, or for example a couple of women at mine had really positive things to tell about the consultant midwife at the hospital and how he would personally attend breech homebirths, things like that that make you more positive about the whole thing.

Yes I went to share my story and am wanting to go again as #2 will definately be born at home as well! If you don't mind me asking what borough of London are you in? x

oh wow we are really close! I'm in redbridge.. sending you a pm x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->