Nearly 6 months..... how much are you feeding your LO?

taperjeangirl

Reaction score
Daisy has just started getting all restless at night again and waking up for a bottle at about 5am! :dohh:

I was reading the packet of banana cereal she has and it says she should be eating alot more than I have been giving her for her age....

This is how we go, roughly.........

Breakfast - 3 dessertspoons of baby cereal or a small jar

Lunch - pureed fruit ----Should she be having more here?

Dinner - she has half a big jar of 2nd stage food and a pudding (small jar)

:hug:

No hun, I don't think she is having too little... Lola only has two meals a day + formula and they are the same age.
Honestly, she should have the amount of food she needs and is ready for.

Lola's meals are pureed veggies/fruit in the morning and half a bowl of baby cereal in the evening.

Max got this at that age

AM breakfast : 2 oz of cereal and milk (cows milk)
bottle of formula 4 oz

Lunch : Full jar of fruit and 6 oz formula

snack at 3pm : yogurt with a cookie or rice puffs
Bottle of 4 oz formula

dinner: 6pm : half jar of veg with meat and some fruit juice

Bottle for bed of 8 oz

at the mo jack is having porrige a whole jar in the morning and no lunch and then a jar of something 4 tea

at daisy's age maddi was having baby rice and apple for lunch and then maybe veggie puree for tea so i think daisy's doing fine :)

i would just go with what you think she wants x

Daisy has just started getting all restless at night again and waking up for a bottle at about 5am! :dohh:
I was reading the packet of banana cereal she has and it says she should be eating alot more than I have been giving her for her age....
This is how we go, roughly.........
Breakfast - 3 dessertspoons of baby cereal or a small jar
Lunch - pureed fruit ----Should she be having more here?
Dinner - she has half a big jar of 2nd stage food and a pudding (small jar)
:hug:

Oh I can sympathise, it really knocks you when you have to wake in the middle of the night again!!!

Daisy is 2 days younger than Gabbi, but I only started Gabbi a week ago tomorrow on rice (tried a while ago, but my sis said not to as we have major allergies in our family and it is suggested not to give solids till 6 months. Anyway ....)

Today is a big day and I am adding pear puree to her food ..... if she likes it......slaving away last night to make it lol

So, if all goes well today will be (bear in mind that I adapt the rice and fruit to what milk she's had so I don't over feed, but she does let me know when she's had enough):

7.30 am (done obviously) - formula 5 1/4 oz (should have taken more but she's stopped wanting more first thing!)

11 am - 5 1/4 - 6 1/2 oz formula and pear puree with rice, approx 1 1/2 - 2 oz

2.30/3pm - approx 7 1/2 oz formula

6/6.30pm - 5 1/4 - 6 1/2 oz formula and rice, approx 1 1/2 - 2oz

10pm - whatever formula she will have, 4 1/4 - 5 1/4 oz

yesterday, in total she had 830 ml (approx 30 oz) of formula and 1 1/2 oz of rice

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->