Need a bit of help please regarding bills in a house

Emma&Freya

Reaction score
My OH and I have bought a house and we move in a few weeks.

At the moment we pay approx 10 a week for leccy and same on gas. Im trying to look at websites to compare prices so we can do direct debits but I am struggling to understand them

We are moving into a 3 bedroomed house, how much do you pay for your bills? Including water

I no its nosey so I do apologise :flowers:

I've got a 4 bed house. I pay £30 a month water, £90 for gas and electric, that's quite a good deal for my area and that's with British gas

I pay gas and electricity quarterely so it differs each quarter. I haven't got double glazing so mine can be as much as £450,00 in the winter quarter. I think generally my bill for both is about £1500 for the year. My water is a meter and is about £38.00 per month.

Thank you.

Im going to have a little look at British Gas now

Best way is to call up and get a quote from them. They ask afew simple questions and give u an estimate

British gas are always expencive. We are with eon and pay £35 a week but thats cus we owe a bit of money from the last place we lived (not our fault). But if we didnt owe it would be about £25 a week. U really need to ask around

3 bed house, 2 adults and a baby.

We pay

£40 per month water
£15 a week electric
£10 a week gas
£115 a month council tax but it's supposed to be £89

im with southern elec/gas. i pay £30 a month elec, £90 a month gas & £30 a month for my water.

my flat is crap at keeping warm though so i try not to have the heating on if im honest. once my daughter is in bed i turn it off & just wear layers. xx

I'm with Scottish Power.

£150 / quarter for G&E (£250 for Winter Quarter)
£92pcm council tax (with single occupancy discount)
£17pcm for water

£10 a week is cheap! We live in a 4 bed (cold) dorma bungalow and we spend £100 a month on gas, £60 a month on electricity and the water is about £60 a month but our lovely landlord took that bill from us :D xx

Thank you everyone.

Its cheap as I am usually in my Mums, but as I am moving closer to her Ill be in mine more

3 bed semi, 2 Adults + 2 Children

Water: £45
Council Tax £140
Gas + Electricity £70-120 depending upon time of year. At the moment we pay £120 but are around £500 in credit so will go down once they do the 6 monthly review.

My electric is 120 a month! ! I thought it was high but they insist it is right.... council tax is 90 a month
my gas is about 10 a week atm but in winter can be up to 30 a week

3 bedroom house, 2 adults (full time mum, and husband works from home... so we're in basically 24/7) and 2 children ...

Electricity - on a meter, but average around £35 per month
Gas - just gone down from £39 to £36 per month =D
Water - not entirely sure, believe it's around £40 a month

Just thought I'd warn you with British Gas they have just royally screwed us over. Their original quote wasn't covering what we were using which is fair enough but they put our bills up twice and neither to the actual price that we were[U/] using and not telling us that is was less than what we were using and now we're £1000 in debt with them!!! Also we're using £89 a month (according to them) for just the boiler as our oven is electric. Me and OH shower (the shower is electric) and so it's only the kids baths, the washing up, and the heating (which we don't use that much and at all between about March and October). Which I think is a total rip off. And because of this debt we're not allowed to change until it's paid off. Whereas EDF (who we are with for our electric) are fab x

We pay £60 each for gas and electric a month and £30 a month for water. It's a 4 bed with 2 adults and 2 small children.

We always overpay in the summer so that we don't get huge rise in our bill in the winter.

Also always submit meter readings, really easy and can be done online. I know so many people who have underpaid dramatically by using estimated bills.

We are also on a water meter. It makes the water bill much cheaper as they will charge an average 3 bed house on the basis of containing 4 people.

3 bed house, 2 adults and a toddler.

£25 a month water
£100 a month electric and gas combined (but I believe we're overpaying and in credit by quite a bit!)

3 bed house we pay:

£40 Electricity
£60 gas

British Gas for both.

But this was our first winter in this house so I haven't adjusted them yet, I am expecting to get a rebate on gas but owe for electricity, I am really frugal with heating etc but we always spend loads in electricity we use our dryer too much!

We don't have to pay water rates in military housing, but I think I used to pay about £30 a month a couple of years ago. Our council tax is only £100 a month but that is a military rate, when we lived in normal housing it was £115 a month but that really depends on the house, area etc.

Mine aren't hugely accurate at the moment because we have dodgy heating system. :(

We have a 2 bed new build flat all electric

We pay:

£47 water
And £200- £280 a month electric :(

X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member