Need a home help guys!! Anyone recently bought?

Mummydeedee

Reaction score
I need a home. I don't want to rent I'd love to buy but need advice on mortgage. Anyone recently bought a house??

What are you and your partners earnings?
How much deposite did you save?

I'm worried me and partner don't earn enough or have no chance buying me credit rating is great but partners not so great. Any advice would be great? Thanks.

I bought a house last year after renting for about ten years. The governement run a help to buy scheme so you will only need to put a 5% deposit down. We put about £5000 deposit and our fees were an extra £2000 on that. I think there is a new scheme now where if you put any savings you have in a special bank account the government will give you a percentage also to help pay your deposit.
I only work part time and my oh works in a factory so neither of us learn loads and I wouldn't say either of our credit are particularly that good but we got approved for a mortgage.
Hope that helps a bit

Ps forgot to add, we didn't have to pay stamp duty as our house was 98k but if you do have to pay stamp duty your fees will be a bit more than that

I'd recommend speaking to a mortgage broker, we were surprised by how much we would be allowed to borrow when we went to one recently, it was very different to what online calculators told us.

You will need at least 5% deposit depending what scheme/mortgage you're using. Solicitor fees are around £1000 but vary so don't take that as a definitive will depend on the house, stamp duty starts for houses above £150,000, plus there may be broker fees, surveys depending on the house.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->