Need a non creaky bed!

Pearls18

Reaction score
We're buying a new bed soon, ours was very cheap we bought when needing to set up home so due to buying so much had to keep costs down. It's a very comfortable upholstered bed frame but creaks sooo bad, just rolling over in bed sounds dodgy and well everything else sounds awful! I want a nice sturdy bed that will last a good few years, I'm not keen on wooden or metal bed frames, I've grown to love our upholstered headboard (so nice for reading) so was thinking about a divan or another but more expensive upholstered bed.

Does anyone have any recommendations? We could be spending up to £1000 and don't want a duff bed!!! I would like to go down another bed frame route as I think they look nicer than divans but worry they don't look as sturdy.

Divans might b the best solution. They also work put a bit cheaper but u have to buy the headboard separately. U get additional storage too. They are like boxes and the mattress goes on top. We have had ours for 4/5 years and still going strong and doesn't make squeaks unless we give the mattress a really good go ;)
Also we couldn't afford a lot at the time and this one we got was about £400 and we got a very posh expensive mattress which is the most important part! Hth x

I have a sealy divan pocket sprung bed. It's so gorgeous. Paid around £900 for it 4.5years ago and its still the comfiest bed ever. Mattress definitely has slightly depressed where we sleep each night but its really comfy, silent and if someone shifts in bed the other person can't feel it cos of the pocket springs.

Would def recommend Sealy beds. They're not cheap but in your budget.

We just got a new bed, we bought the Paris bed frame from Next! I was dubious asNext aren't exactly famous for beds but we checked it out at our local home store-I'm very impressed, it very nice looking and reasonably priced at £475 which allowed 500-600 for a good mattress which we got in the sale. The frame is very sturdy and it's the best night sleep ever-oh and it looks fab!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->